Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In the long run yes. Can you give an example of an innocent incarcerated.

The families of the accused and suspected are often the ones who are incarcerated.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am not aware of such incarceration but if it happens it is not proper and should not take place.

vijay wrote:

I am not aware of such incarceration but if it happens it is not proper and should not take place.

It does happen, especially when such trials are made public and much hyped in the media. The way some people may perceive is that the entire family should be made to pay for crimes of one person and may be the spouse of that person can be held responsible to some extent, I don't know, depends on how one perceives it, but children do not deserve it. And yet, it has happened several times that the children and the wife of the family is cast away by the society and treated as outlaws. It happens all the time.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The families of the accused and suspected are often the ones who are incarcerated.

this is very common if one of the family members does something wrong then more than the culprit the family person has to face the humiliation by the people as well as the media. 

bhuyali saroj

@kalyani you are right the sins of a family member do result in other family members getting negatively affected. It is a reality they have to live with. Unfortunate but that is the way society is.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Public exposure of investigations is okay. But continuous reporting of investigations that are not yet complete will be counter productive. There is need for secrecy and promptitude during process of investigations. Besides, there is need for secrecy and maintaining confidentiality in such cases. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Public exposure of investigations is okay. But continuous reporting of investigations that are not yet complete will be counter productive. There is need for secrecy and promptitude during process of investigations. Besides, there is need for secrecy and maintaining confidentiality in such cases. 

yeah that reporting of every second incident which is done by the police or the legal procedure of any officials is not correct that should be kept in mind for the media and also for the officials who disclose the investigation fully in front of media until the case is running. 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

yeah that reporting of every second incident which is done by the police or the legal procedure of any officials is not correct that should be kept in mind for the media and also for the officials who disclose the investigation fully in front of media until the case is running. 

And what exactly is meant by that?

As a rule, details of investigations should not be disclosed. But, it's not happening so. Investigating agencies  often call the press to convince the Public that they are doing something to catch the perpetrators of crime. And of course Press utilizes this and covers the crime in a big way to increase their sales and TRP ratings.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.