Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

it's not true that all the aged  in -laws will force their  beliefs on the family and create stress. It's the other way round. I know a family related to me,where Mother -in - law and Daughter-  in - law maintained exemplary relations. Annapoorna, the Mother - in- law,  is of  modern thinking and educated. She used to direct her Daughter - in -Law, who came from an orthodox family how to apply her old beliefs in the right way in an amicable and friendly way. 

rambabu wrote:

it's not true that all the aged  in -laws will force their  beliefs on the family and create stress. It's the other way round. I know a family related to me,where Mother -in - law and Daughter-  in - law maintained exemplary relations. Annapoorna, the Mother - in- law,  is of  modern thinking and educated. She used to direct her Daughter - in -Law, who came from an orthodox family how to apply her old beliefs in the right way in an amicable and friendly way. 

I have not said 'all' the aged in-laws but it's a very common practice in most of the Indian families. It is very natural too and that's why we use the word 'generation gap' but certainly there are some exceptions too. 

shampasaid

Yes, there are and there will be Exceptions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.