It's some days now that Indian Paralympians have won a few medals including gold in Paralympics 2016. There were so many threads on Olympics 2016 where we discussed our success and failure both but when the Paralympians deserve to be appreciated then we have not dedicated even a single thread about their effort. It seems we are mainly interested to talk about the popular personalities of our country but they who despite their physical disability have brought laurels for our country get ignored by us. I think we are more disable than our successful Paralympians because we are not that broad minded and don't have a big heart to cherish their success. Dedicating this thread to the success of our Paralympians in Paralympics 2016. Sharing a link:

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2016/09/14/indias-paralympians-are-winning-more-medals-than-their-olympic-colleagues/

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Of course they have made us proud , especially Devendra Jhajharoya by winning two gold medals. They have shown so much dedication and put in a lot of hard work. Inspite of receiving less help from the sports authorities, the para olympic team has fared much better !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thnks shampa for the post... They have made us really proud ... My dad was telling me that gold me that devendar has not gone home for the last 2 yrs... N that his 2 yr old baby does not even know he exists. Goes on to show their dedication and hard work. They have made us so proud.

Hats off....!!!

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

A very commendable deed indeed .  Devendra Jhajatia, Meriyappan and other members who won the medals in Paralympics deserve all praise. They sent the message, Handicap will not dampen the Spirits of an achiever,. With grit, perseverance every thing can be achieved.

rambabu wrote:

A very commendable deed indeed .  Devendra Jhajatia, Meriyappan and other members who won the medals in Paralympics deserve all praise. They sent the message, Handicap will not dampen the Spirits of an achiever,. With grit, perseverance every thing can be achieved.

It is right that Devendra won gold but he is in contravarsy for intrigue against another sportsman Sunder. Here is link, Sorry Ram Babu it is Hindi, Try to read it.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=1049144&boxid=91625540531&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=09/16/2016&editioncode=41&pageno=12&view=image

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

sorry Anil, I failed tt get the link.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=1049144&boxid=91625540531&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=09/16/2016&editioncode=41&pageno=12&view=imageI got it

-jhajhariya hs thrown 63.9797 Meters of Javelin throw which is a Wold rrecord

Sportsperson must have sporting spirit but sometimes they fail to show their sportsmanship. It is no doubt sad and even an Indian athlete in Rio Olympic came under doping charge which is really unfortunate.

shampasaid

It is said that when one door closes then another opens so is the case with our Paralympians. Tragedies do take place in life but these Paralympians have showered how to overcome it and emerge a winner. This requires strong will power, back support and certainly monetary support from authorities. Here, I would like to add that the authorities should not ignore the achievers but in some cases it does happen as in this case:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/Award-winning-disabled-athlete-now-lives-on-Rs-300/articleshow/54372854.cms

shampasaid

I agree with you. Kaushalendre Singh  a medal winner who brought Glory  to India in several international events. I also agree that Government of India should support these Champions during their old age and  difficult  Days.

rambabu wrote:

I agree with you. Kaushalendre Singh  a medal winner who brought Glory  to India in several international events is living in a miserable conditions to day.  I also agree that Government of India should support these Champions during their old age and  difficult  Days.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.