Women have a strong pelvic bone to bear child. But what about the funny bone?? Do we lack it or fail to use it??

Most of the comedians around are male. Even in day to day life men have better sense of humor ( my personal view). Are we too over-stressed to fail to see our comic side or is it the social upbringing to be sober all the time??

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Having a sense of humour is considered as a boon. Why , there are female comedians too. There are several  woman Comedians in Telugu Movie Field like Sri Laksmi. Kpvai Sarala to name a few

There were several female comedians I. The fifties and sixties like Tub Tun, Manorama, Shuba Khote and so on..the wheel concept of filmmaking has changed now..I guess it is also a reflection of the times where sense if humor has taken a back seat because people seem to be over stressed and overtly egoistic to laugh at themselves at least some of the times. They don't realise it is the best stress buster ever 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

yes, there are a few of female comedians. But the arena is mainly ruled by male. I would like to send a link to one of my blogs about this topic, but I am not sure whether it is allowed or will be taken as personal promotion. But if moderators feel, I can do that, I will. 

Women in rural India are more humour orientd than in urban India.

usha manohar wrote:

There were several female comedians I. The fifties and sixties like Tub Tun, Manorama, Shuba Khote and so on..the wheel concept of filmmaking has changed now..I guess it is also a reflection of the times where sense if humor has taken a back seat because people seem to be over stressed and overtly egoistic to laugh at themselves at least some of the times. They don't realise it is the best stress buster ever 

Exactly. But Manorama, Shashikala and Tuntun in many cases had a shade of vamp in them. And mostly they had female issuues portrayed through their characters like a greedy sister in law or torturing mother-in-law

This reminds me of Tun Tun, also known  as Uma Devi's singing capabilities. I like her song Afsana likh rahin hoon... Tun Tun used her fatness  to her advantage and became one of the best Female Comedians of her era.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Exactly. But Manorama, Shashikala and Tuntun in many cases had a shade of vamp in them. And mostly they had female issuues portrayed through their characters like a greedy sister in law or torturing mother-in-law

True..

Some of the very well crafted comedy roles that I personally liked were that of Amrita Singh in the film Chameli ki shadi , Hema Malini in Seeta  aur Geeta and Sholay and Shashikala in Anupama 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kovai Sarala is a  Comedian played supporting roles in Both Tamil and Telugu Movies. She won Tamil Nadu state Film Award for Best Comedian three times for her performance in  Sathi Leelavathi  and other Tamil Movies. She also won Award  Ori Nee Prema Bangaaram Ganu, a Telugu Movie.

I have some lady friends who are decent, caring and dutiful but on the other hand they can be given the title of Stand Up Comedians. I truly enjoy their company and keep on laughing. So, ladies do not lack humour but this trait has not been explored properly. I would name Bharti Singh who has many fans and followers but excluding me. Very honestly speaking I don't like her type of comedy.    

shampasaid

Coming to the Movie world, T. A Mathuram, who is no more was  a TAMIL Stage and  Tamil movie  Producer well  known for her Rib Tickling humorous . roles . She married  N. S Krishnan another Comedian of Fame

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.