Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Well, in this era of soap operas on TV, the charm of journey of characters in a story is lost. The reality is that there is no story at all in them. I don't watch TV anymore other than movies and few shows. But remember our childhood when TV was a privilege, we had awesome serials with wonderful stories and performances. We used to wait for a week to see the next episode and if the current went at the right time, it used to be so miserable. There was no re telecast.The stories used to have a meaningful end within few months. Most of them were based on good novels/books. Those golden days are gone.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Even movies those are real sequels hold our interest till part 2 comes. I remember waiting for Gangs of Wasseypur 2, to see how the characters young in part 1 unfold in the next part. Though it was not a long wait.

Same excitement was there for Saheb biwi aur wo

Now the whole nation is waiting for the answer...Kantappa ne bahubali ko kyun mara?

Arunima Singh wrote:

Even movies those are real sequels hold our interest till part 2 comes. I remember waiting for Gangs of Wasseypur 2, to see how the characters young in part 1 unfold in the next part. Though it was not a long wait.

Now the whole nation is waiting for the answer...Kantappa ne bahubali ko kyun mara?

Kantappa ne bahubali ko Kyun mara ? I did not hear about this Movie. Anyhow, I make it a point to view it.

Art to make a serial fiction interesting in every part is in the hand of the writer. Movies with series is more focused towards selling out tickets than the quality of the written story, hence, the second part does not interest us. Elements that were added in the first part are usually, ignored in the second part of the story in order to add new elements. In this process they remove the elements which made the story a hit among view, that's the reason why the second part is not very interest. The thrilling characterstics has to be maintain to make the serial fiction popular in all parts.  

Arunima Singh wrote:

Not seen any of the films mentioned here since I don't see many films . Recently I saw Rustom which was good except for Akshay Kumar who is such a pathetic actor..the good old Yeh Raste hai pyar ki on the same story was such a gem. .

The one Hindi serial that I really liked was Sarabhai vs Sarabhai 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

Art to make a serial fiction interesting in every part is in the hand of the writer. Movies with series is more focused towards selling out tickets than the quality of the written story, hence, the second part does not interest us. Elements that were added in the first part are usually, ignored in the second part of the story in order to add new elements. In this process they remove the elements which made the story a hit among view, that's the reason why the second part is not very interest. The thrilling characterstics has to be maintain to make the serial fiction popular in all parts.  

But some directors like Anurag Kashyap and Tigmashu with Gang of Wasseypur and Saheb, Biwi aur Wo really did justice to both the parts. They maintained the authenticity of the first story of part 1 in part 2 also.

rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Kantappa ne bahubali ko Kyun mara ? I did not hear about this Movie. Anyhow, I make it a point to view it.

"Kantappa ne bahubali ko kyun mara?" it is not a movie. it is in fact the query that all audience have after watching Bahubali and they hope to get the clarification in the next sequel soon to be released.

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

I agree with you. I am against the very concept of  Serial fiction. There is a possibility of 'Continuity', which is vital in Movie making may miss owing to   either  to non availability of the actor or some other such reason. A straight movie is more preferable.

I like writing serial fiction as I like to make strategical plans with a lot of thinking. It gives my mind relaxation as my brain needs to keep itself engaged all the time so I enjoy it very much.

I watch serials in movies and tv, read serial fiction in books, newspapers and magazines as it gives me insight of the mistakes that authors do. I try not to commit the same mistakes in my serial fiction and it helps me a lot. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.