Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I love writing fictions and writing a serial fiction has been my dream. I remember reading a few magazines in my childhood which used to have serial fictions. We used to read it as a group and eagerly wait till the next monthly edition. Though I have mentally outlined a few serial fictions of a couple of episodes ( can not hold a story for a long), somehow failed to pen them down. There used to be a site which used to publish series novels and articles every Saturday. I had a regular column in that every Saturday. I enjoyed a lot of series novel there by my co writers. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Ok... Though this genre is new to this  site and  me,am interested to experience the thrill.in this.

Well, actually, I have been writing serial fiction for six months but you can't see them now as I have removed them for my blog. I have submitted a few poems and stories to a few website, hence, I had to remove them but I am updating it as soon as possible. I am running 2 blogs or websites so it becomes a lot of work on me as I am writing articles also. I look forward to add new serial fictions very soon.

OK.Let me know when your Articles are updated.

Sure, you can also visit my other blog or websites under the page of writing samples where I write articles only, here is the link, "VishakhaOutlook.wordpress.com, if you would like to have a look at it.

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

@Usha Manohar,

This is the link to my blog, "www.thenewvoicevishakha.wordpress.com", I hope you like my blog.

I went through your blog, will go through it in detail later ...I have been toying with an idea for a long time which is great for a serial , quite forgotten it until  I saw your post ..I am going to get down on to it now ! plus1.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I ve never written any serial fiction but used to read a lot of them in my childhood in the form of comic strip which were published in newspapers and magazines. However, nowadays after watching few hindi serials I stay away from serial fictions in any forms as I don't like very lengthy series. There tends to be confusion in the character development if it is lengthy

Just now I had looked in to Vishakha's Blog. I liked it. Now its time to make a start.

Thank you said by: Vishakha Purohit
jabeen wrote:

I ve never written any serial fiction but used to read a lot of them in my childhood in the form of comic strip which were published in newspapers and magazines. However, nowadays after watching few hindi serials I stay away from serial fictions in any forms as I don't like very lengthy series. There tends to be confusion in the character development if it is lengthy

It is like the daily soaps we have where characters change , no story as such , actors change and just about everything gets added..thankfully fiction is a little more balanced . I too have have read several serials that never wavered from the main theme and managed to remain interesting till the end. The reason probably was also because they were not too long.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Arunima Singh,

Great to know that you also like to write serial fiction and it is very normal to experience what you have said, "Though I have mentally outlined a few serial fictions of a couple of episodes ( can not hold a story for a long), somehow failed to pen them down".

It is a natural thing to experience it and I would like to share how I deal with this problem while writing serial fiction. Either you can write the whole story in one go while you are still feeling enthusiastic for the story and publish the story in parts as when you would like to publish, or you can write the story weekly so that you don't get bored or less enthusiastic for the idea and outline of the story before publishing the whole serial fiction.

In management studies, there is a concept known as fatigue study and it states that we should give breaks between working to increase the quality of work. I think you should take break and write serial fiction and publish your parts of series weekly  as it will also make the content crispy and interesting.

I hope this helps you in writing serial fiction. 

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.