Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Munshi Premchand, Rabindranath Tagore, Jumpa Lahiri, R K Narayan are some of the Indian authors that I enjoy. I still find " Godan" of Munshi Premchand and the short stories of Rabindranath Tagore very engrossing. The characters in their stories often invoke sympathy in the readers' heart

Munshi Premchand was famous for his modern Hindi -Urdu literature. I have seen  the movie based on his story Godaan.  really a great  writer.

rambabu wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

Reading habit is good habit. It furtherance our knowledge and also good means of time passing.

yeah it widen our knowledge and it is a good source of time passing in this populated world.

There are many benefits of Reading. Reading stimulates the mind. Reduces stress. Vocabulary expands. memory improves.additional benefits are analytical thinking, improved focus and concentration, better writing skills are some of the other benefits of Reading.

You write here most of benefit of reading. Choice of every person is different. Some like to read novels, some one stories and some like religious books. I like to read book on history because I want to know about past of our country.

Reading hobby is now going down in the traditional ways. Now r reading is becoming more popular.

rambabu wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

Reading habit is good habit. It furtherance our knowledge and also good means of time passing.

yeah it widen our knowledge and it is a good source of time passing in this populated world.

There are many benefits of Reading. Reading stimulates the mind. Reduces stress. Vocabulary expands. memory improves.additional benefits are analytical thinking, improved focus and concentration, better writing skills are some of the other benefits of Reading.

Sir, does reading really effects our eyes.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

Sir, does reading really effects our eyes.

I don't think reading will not affect our eves, provided you maintain  a safe distance between the book and yourself.

Reading does affect our eyesight. So we need to take proper care of our eyes while reading. I notice that one of bad habits developed especially by some students is reading in a moving bus, van etc. During exam time I often  notice children doing revisions on their way to school. But it should be discouraged as it strains the eyes heavily.

Another habit prevalent among people nowadays is reading online stuffs or texting when they are about to sleep and have already switched of the bed room light. Such habit can also put a strain on the eyes.

True. Not only children, even the elders too are in the habit of reading News papers and Books in moving Buses. Our eyes focus on a very small area while " Seeing." If your mode of transport is not smooth then your hand or the medium from which you are reading will shake a lot. This will make your eyes refocus itself repeatedly. This is not good for eyes. best thing would be not to read while traveling in Buses.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.