Most of the members active on this forum seem to be politically inclined (or affiliated) towards one party or the other.

Just for fun- What do you like the most about any one of the political parties in our country (Except Your Own Favourite party). You can give your views about the reforms/ ideas/ political leaders in the opposition party which impress you the most.

PS- Personally, I don't have inclination towards any party.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Good for you, in times like we are now, it is a bit hard to remain unaffected by any kind of political inclinations!

Back to topic, I am a right winger and absolutely abhor congress and their minions, but if I were to choose one thing or person to be praiseworthy, Rahul Gandhi wins the contest. He has too good a comic value to ignore! Similar to Lalu Prasad Yadav!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I guess as you grow older you also become firm/rigid in your views . But to believe without questioning is slavery which does not help your personal growth..

This is a good exercise for all.

I used to like the functioning of JDS which has now become a caricature of it's old self. However, Bangalore and it's surrounding towns have benefited a lot because of the futuristic  policies adopted by Deve Gowda,  it's leader while he was the Chief Minister of the state. The present airport and the location was conceived by him, so also road connectivity to several smaller towns around Bangalore. He had been trying to get an airport at Hasan, which would help international tourism since  heritage sites like Belur, Halebid and Shravanabelgola are close to the town of Hasan, but so far it has not materialised. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I like  Rahul in Congress for making all Indians proud by having maximum number of defeats

rambabu wrote:

I like  Rahul in Congress for making all Indians proud by having maximum number of defeats

Sorry, can't count that as a praise. Play fair please.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

I am not follower of congress and also not blind followers of BJP. It is my principal that for assembly election I think about candidate. At present our siting MLA is of BJP earlier he was in congress, but I never vote him what ever may be party. In general election party is important than candidate. I like Man Mohan singh. After all elegations he is honest person.

anil wrote:

I am not follower of congress and also not blind followers of BJP. It is my principal that for assembly election I think about candidate. At present our siting MLA is of BJP earlier he was in congress, but I never vote him what ever may be party. In general election party is important than candidate. I like Man Mohan singh. After all elegations he is honest person.

Even when you are affiliated to a political party you know what its weaknesses and strength are since no party is perfect . I too admire Manmohan Singh who was/ is a gentlemen but can easily be swayed because of his soft nature . He is definitely not cut out to be a politician !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If I had to choose my favourite member of Congress party, it would be Shashi Tharoor. I admire his sophisticated and intellectual personality. He occurs to me as a clear-minded, straightforward person.

Oscar Wilde

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Even when you are affiliated to a political party you know what its weaknesses and strength are since no party is perfect . I too admire Manmohan Singh who was/ is a gentlemen but can easily be swayed because of his soft nature . He is definitely not cut out to be a politician !

Yes he is unfit in politics, he don't know ABC of politics. Many time I quoted this saying for Singh. "Shrafat Ali Ko, Shrafat Ali Ki,  Shrafat Ne Mara.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

If I had to choose my favourite member of Congress party, it would be Shashi Tharoor. I admire his sophisticated and intellectual personality. He occurs to me as a clear-minded, straightforward person.

I used to like his books and his vibrant personality until he called the rest of us cattle class. He also had no qualms about making the government spend so that he could live in luxury at Tajmahal Hotel in Delhi for years together at tax payers expense , refusing to take up the govt accomodation given to him which he felt was below his standards !!!!until he was kicked out by Pranab Mukherji who was the finance minister. Arrogance is something that can never be tolerated in anyone who want to serve the nation !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

I used to like his books and his vibrant personality until he called the rest of us cattle class. He also had no qualms about making the government spend so that he could live in luxury at Tajmahal Hotel in Delhi for years together at tax payers expense , refusing to take up the govt accomodation given to him which he felt was below his standards !!!!until he was kicked out by Pranab Mukherji who was the finance minister. Arrogance is something that can never be tolerated in anyone who want to serve the nation !

Well, these days every famous person's reputation is tainted by some controversy, whether it is true or false. Doesn't change his level of intellect.

His speech at Oxford, debating on the issue whether 'The British owe us reparations' , went viral and is one of my favourite pieces of oratory.

Here's a quote from the speech- 

The Sun couldn’t set on the British empire, because even God couldn’t trust the English in the dark.”

Video link- https://youtu.be/f7CW7S0zxv4

Oscar Wilde

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.