Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is no controversy about what I have written since these are known facts although I have not included his possible role in his wifes death ? I have been following his various speeches on British rule at Oxford and elsewhere. However with his British accent and westernised ways and arrogance , these views seem extreme and hippocratic . He seems a misfit everywhere, at home and elsewhere he chooses to live 

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/08/sorry-shashi-tharoor-but-britain-doesnt-owe-india-any-reparations/#

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There is no controversy about what I have written since these are known facts although I have not included his possible role in his wifes death ? I have been following his various speeches on British rule at Oxford and elsewhere. However with his British accent and westernised ways and arrogance , these views seem extreme and hippocratic . He seems a misfit everywhere, at home and elsewhere he chooses to live 

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/08/sorry-shashi-tharoor-but-britain-doesnt-owe-india-any-reparations/#

About him staying in 5-star hotel-

Earlier, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vishnu Prakash said the minister "is paying on his own and nothing is being paid by the ministry." He is in the hotel because "he doesn't have official accommodation.

Of course the media and the opposition want to project him as a blue-blooded aristocrat.

About his Western accent- 

He was born in London, graduated in the US and worked for the UN for a considerable amount of time.That tends to affect someone's accent.

There was a "possible" role in his wife's death. But he doesn't occur to me as a man that cold.

That link about Britain not owing reparations is biased to such an extent that the writer of that article doesn't even mention the issue of Bengal famine, where Churchill let 2.1 million Indians die of starvation.Those lives aren't worth the reparations?

Everything is explainable if one is willing to explore.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Earlier, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vishnu Prakash said the minister "is paying on his own and nothing is being paid by the ministry." He is in the hotel because "he doesn't have official accommodation.

Of course the media and the opposition want to project him as a blue-blooded aristocrat.

He was born in London, graduated in the US and worked for the UN for a considerable amount of time.That tends to affect someone's accent.

There was a "possible" role in his wife's death. But he doesn't occur to me as a man that cold.

That link about Britain not owing reparations is biased to such an extent that the writer of that article doesn't even mention the issue of Bengal famine, where Churchill let 2.1 million Indians die of starvation.Those lives aren't worth the reparations?

I doubt if there are any aristocratic traits in Tharoor. But what id apparent is that controversies seek him out and he keeps trying wriggle out of them which is easy given his position and our system that is full of loop holes  . Interesting article about him.and his deeds! 

By the way no one would spend crores of their hard-earned money on accommodation when cheaper options are available...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/features/.premium-1.639699

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I doubt if there are any aristocratic traits in Tharoor. But what id apparent is that controversies seek him out and he keeps trying wriggle out of them which is easy given his position and our system that is full of loop holes  . Interesting article about him.and his deeds! 

By the way no one would spend crores of their hard-earned money on accommodation when cheaper options are available...

So what if he decides to live in a hotel. Maybe he is used to a luxurious way of life. Doesn't malign his personality much. Its his choice.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I am not follower of congress and also not blind followers of BJP. It is my principal that for assembly election I think about candidate. At present our siting MLA is of BJP earlier he was in congress, but I never vote him what ever may be party. In general election party is important than candidate. I like Man Mohan singh. After all elegations he is honest person.

Even when you are affiliated to a political party you know what its weaknesses and strength are since no party is perfect . I too admire Manmohan Singh who was/ is a gentlemen but can easily be swayed because of his soft nature . He is definitely not cut out to be a politician !

Yes he is unfit in politics, he don't know ABC of politics. Many time I quoted this saying for Singh. "Shrafat Ali Ko, Shrafat Ali Ki,  Shrafat Ne Mara.

That is great. Sharafat Ne Mara, itself says about Manmohan's honesty. Despite being a top economist economist,this Singh is spineless.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

So what if he decides to live in a hotel. Maybe he is used to a luxurious way of life. Doesn't malign his personality much. Its his choice.

Definitely nothing wrong if he really did pay when he decided to live in luxury hotel ...Truth shd be facedl! Either way time to move on to other personalities since Tharoor is getting far too much space here expressionless

Now I'm starting to think this post was a bad idea. No replies from other members,

Either people just cannot praise the opposition parties or most of them are politically neutral like me.

I'd like to believe the latter.

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Now I'm starting to think this post was a bad idea. No replies from other members,

Either people just cannot praise the opposition parties or most of them are politically neutral like me.

Don't get disheartened so easily. Starting such post was actually a very good idea as it has motivated others to see goodness in others too. 

Anyway as for myself, nowadays I am a supporter of BJP as like Modi at the centre,our chief Minister N Biren is also a very capable and non corruptible. But if I have to praise any other political party then it would be CPIM as true to the communists ideology I feel that they are social minded and also do not promote political dynasty of a family.

Thank you said by: Abhishek Sharma
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

If there are no replies from others, it simply means either they already expressed their opinions or they might have preferred to respond to some other topics.

It is a question of preference of the members.

I think, your topic received enough responses.

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Not at all, it is an excellent discussion topic . However, at times members respond after a while ! So let's wait ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.