Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Sentinalese tribes are actually very friendly according to an Article published by Yahoo, but have turned hostile after many experiences from British Era. During Mid 1800's British captured these men during which time there were around 5000 in number, but now there are hardly 100. 

https://in.news.yahoo.com/sentinelese-tribe-killed-american-apos-115030285.html

It was undoubtedly wrong to enter illegally in the first place and preach some christianity in a place where they should not enter in the first place. There have been quite a few episodes which remonstrate the hostility of the Tribes, yet the American has entered it to meet his own doom.

Let them live peacefully.

Live peacefully and die away and become extinct? I don't agree with this logic.

Their immunity might be very less which is why they are dying of contagious diseases and yes, effort should be made to make them into mainstream but no entry illegally. I think to make any contact with them and change is highly impossible because of their hostile nature.

I think the government has taken this legal decision after making their attempts to bring them to mainstream.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Those who feel that it is alright for the tribals to be converted to Christianity so they may progress need to read the following article:

http://time.com/3909470/tribes-uncontacted-ethics/

There is no right or wrong about it. as it is, a small tribe of less than 100 inhabitants is anyway going to die out soon, why do we wish to speed the process up by trying to establish contact with them. Also, who do these Christian evangelists think they are....on what grounds can they claim that people living peacefully in the jungles on their own terms, one with nature are backward and should be brought into mainstream which can only bring misery to these nature people. The Christian missionaries have enough blood on their hands - of more than 100 million people, they should leave the handful of these people alone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
epraneeth77 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Sentinalese tribes are actually very friendly according to an Article published by Yahoo, but have turned hostile after many experiences from British Era. During Mid 1800's British captured these men during which time there were around 5000 in number, but now there are hardly 100. 

It was undoubtedly wrong to enter illegally in the first place and preach some christianity in a place where they should not enter in the first place. There have been quite a few episodes which remonstrate the hostility of the Tribes, yet the American has entered it to meet his own doom.

Their immunity might be very less which is why they are dying of contagious diseases and yes, effort should be made to make them into mainstream but no entry illegally. I think to make any contact with them and change is highly impossible because of their hostile nature.

I think the government has taken this legal decision after making their attempts to bring them to mainstream.

Tribes must be save. It is right that government take some action to protect them.

Thank you said by: arjun sai
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Tribes must be save. It is right that government take some action to protect them.

Aren't they better off living on their own style and conditions? By the way who decides for a tribe about what is main stream for them or they can live with their own terms and conditions! Maybe they can tell you to come and live with them and live a better life!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Aren't they better off living on their own style and conditions? By the way who decides for a tribe about what is main stream for them or they can live with their own terms and conditions! Maybe they can tell you to come and live with them and live a better life!

Yes they have right to live in their own style and condition. But when there population is come down to 100, it means their living condition is not healthy one. Some must to done to save this tribe.

Many of the members have raised concerned about the dwindling numbers of the Sentenelese tribe, here I would like to mention that the head counts mentioned for the Sentenelese is just a rough estimate as being unfriendly tribe, people taking census do it from afar which means that it is not exactly a reliable one. An article I was reading about the tribes of Andaman mentions that the numbers of Sentenelese decreased drastically after the Tsunami of 2004 and has nothing to do with their life style. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51

As far as I remember, in an Article I have read that they have less immunity and are more prone to diseases than normal humans. And here is the link for the Article or rather a website focusing on bringing the tribe to mainstream.

https://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/sentinelese

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

As far as I remember, in an Article I have read that they have less immunity and are more prone to diseases than normal humans. And here is the link for the Article or rather a website focusing on bringing the tribe to mainstream.

It is not a question of less or more immunity. It is only that they have never been exposed to the germs and viruses that we have around us. They lead lives in absolutely clean and unpolluted environment and contact with our germs and viruses would prove fatal to them. That is the reason why tribes on islands around them were completely wiped out due to insignificant diseases like flu and measles when the islands were conquered by the British. They are otherwise very healthy people.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

This is a very well written , informative article about the tribe which is bent on preserving it's privacy .. there are a few pictures captured mostly from air 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.