Indian Railways is the fourth largest railway network in the world. Inspite of being the fourth largest railway network of the world, majority of train rakes of indian railway are running with an average speed of less than 90 kilometers per hour and maximum speed of 110 kilometers per hour. There are few trains that runs with an average speed greater than 90 kilometers per hour. Rajdhani and Shatabdi are among premium trains of India. But, there are hardly 3-4 among them that runs with an average speed of 90-100 kilometer per hour.

Since 2014, Indian Railway is focusing to increase the speeds of indian trains and providing flight like facilities in trains. Gatiman Express is the fastest train of India started in the year 2014. It was the first train in India to touch 160 km/hr. Recently, Indian railway has started Vande Bharat and Tejas express that runs with 160 km/hr and railway has tried to offer flight like facilities to its passengers.Our beloved prime minister Narendra Modi and our railway minister Piyush Goyal are working to make Indian railways world class under Make In India Scheme. Vande Bharat Express is developed under Make In India programme started by Narendra Modi.

Though, government is trying to make Indian railways to compete with developed railway network of the world but, the point is are we Indians ready to adapt such modernization? This question is of prime importance because of the recent incidents that are happening with the staffs of India's first private train which is Lucknow Tejas Express. Train hostess are appointed in Lucknow Tejas to cater the passengers and give them flight like amenities. But, the news which are coming from different sources is very annoying and is matter of concern.

It has been reported that some passengers of Tejas express are harrassing the women staffs. Passengers are asking train hostess to share mobile numbers. Some are clicking selfiees with them without their consent. Some passengers are clicking their pics when they are serving the passengers in uncomfortable postures. A passenger has tweeted about their dressing. He suggested train hostess to wear saree instead of skirts. Is this a way to treat women?

You may have noticed that Lucknow Tejas has not been provided with LCD screens. The main reason behind this is the mess created by the passengers in Goa Mumbai Tejas. Some Passengers had stolen earphones , scratched LCD screens of the train on its first run.

Vande Bharat Express has gone through numerous incidents of stone attacks. The condition of Varanasi Vande Bharat is becoming pathetic day by day. Tobacco chewing group has ruined the washrooms of Vande Bharat.

These type of incidents are shame for the nation and a question has arosen then are we ready to adopt world class facilities in our railways?

I am Zaid Adnan from Bhagalpur College Of Engineerin, Bhagalpur, Bihar. I am currently persuing bachlor's in mechanical engineering and doing freelancing from last 1 year.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

While I totally agree with your views, I also feel that as a population we have a long way to go before we behave as mature and rational adults.in public  Just look at the way people idolize corrupt politicians but lynch a petty thief who has stolen out of desperation. We have no respect for public property nor responsibility as citizens to take care of our surroundings.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen, Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

While I totally agree with your views, I also feel that as a population we have a long way to go before we behave as mature and rational adults.in public  Just look at the way people idolize corrupt politicians but lynch a petty thief who has stolen out of desperation. We have no respect for public property nor responsibility as citizens to take care of our surroundings.

Passengers who are using these VIP train are not from lower community, they all are from upper middle class. I read it that India passengers steals blanket and towels from AC trains, It is not new habit of Indians. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar

We should be proud that Indian Railways has srarted such types of trains and so should use it properly. Its a shame that its condition has been worsened as some of the individuals are not using it properly. The only solution lies in taking stringent punishment against those found destroying it or harassing the train hostess.

jabeen wrote:

We should be proud that Indian Railways has srarted such types of trains and so should use it properly. Its a shame that its condition has been worsened as some of the individuals are not using it properly. The only solution lies in taking stringent punishment against those found destroying it or harassing the train hostess.

Yes for some evil peoples we can't deprived honest and good passengers. Peoples who are doing these evil deed must be punished.

As Usha has rightly mentioned, Indians are very poor in showing respect to the public properties.  Not just train when we look at any public properties, we rarely see any of them at proper condition. Either they are defaced with scribblings or dirtied with litters etc. So it becomes very important to instill the habit of using the public properties properly at an early age.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
jabeen wrote:

As Usha has rightly mentioned, Indians are very poor in showing respect to the public properties.  Not just train when we look at any public properties, we rarely see any of them at proper condition. Either they are defaced with scribblings or dirtied with litters etc. So it becomes very important to instill the habit of using the public properties properly at an early age.

Yes it is right Indian think that they have right to damages public property. Some time police and admin also support in it. Putting un-authorized hording is illegal but in these day when local body election is due in Rajasthan, every circle and road are covered with these.

Majority of the Indians believe in symbolic patriotism. They catch hold of anyone who does not stand while national anthem is being played , but dirty public places without a second thought. Patriotism is much more than just lynching and shouting slogans. It is only when we take pride in preserving our heritage and respect the Constitution and also rights of other citizens that we can move forward and mature as a nation.  

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen, Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

Majority of the Indians believe in symbolic patriotism. They catch hold of anyone who does not stand while national anthem is being played , but dirty public places without a second thought. Patriotism is much more than just lynching and shouting slogans. It is only when we take pride in preserving our heritage and respect the Constitution and also rights of other citizens that we can move forward and mature as a nation.  

Yes it is right that for these patriots shouting slogan is patriotism and they are also doing one more thing to prove their patriotism and it is looting and burning of shops during agitations. Yesterday some peoples damaged bogies of Mandor express, Jadhpur to Delhi.

I totally agree with Usha and Jabeen. We as a society lack our civic sense and social responsibility. And no matter how much we work on our infrastructure and public places, till people learn to respect it it is of no use. We have to work on all levels to improve it. These people should be named and shamed on social medias. Huge fines should be there ( though people find a way to bribe and get away). We have to work on instilling these qualities at young age. Education should make it a major part of curriculum. Also our next generation learns my following the previous one. So each one has to be conscious of living as an example to children and people watching it. We should try to stop these people when we notice them. And we should definitely appreciate a person who goes out of the way to do something. good. Today morning I went to drop my daughter to school. A person was walking with his dog. He made his dog stand under a tree on ramp and poop. He moved on. This office going youth asked the person to clean but he moved away with an arrogance in his body language. This youth took some dust and soil in his hand and fully covered the dog poop. I put my car window down as it was a red traffic light and thanked him. I even said that we are proud of such young generation and some stupid arrogant people should learn from them. I said it deliberately in a loud voice. Few more people appreciated him and the rich man with dog too heard it. I felt good as I could give a lesson to my daughter and her friends in the car.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar, anil
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.