Looking at his performance so far Dr. Manmohan Singh is emerging as one of the finest.The kind of respect he commands throughout the world for his foresight,honesty and personal integrity he stands very tall among his peers.Do give your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In some sense,yes,he is one of the best prime minister ever india can get. In his leadership india has become more powerful nation than before.

Want to make each day Accountable

We cannot say this confidently. We had eminent Prime Ministers like Pt Jawahr lal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi, atal Behari Vajpayee, Narsimha Rao and Rajiv Gandhi. Pt Nehru was first prime minister, architect of free India who laid the foundation of five year plans, parliamentary democracy norms, independent foreign policy. Lal bahadur Shastri coined the slogan- Jai Jawan Jai Kissan and he performed with dignity and national spirit for a brief spell. These two prime ministers are best.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We have a tendency to be admiring anyone and anything about the past.It's also said that we need some distance to judge a person.As Dr.Singh is the current incumbent,opinion would be always divided but I get a feeling that here is one who belongs to the history!!
Through his views effectively establishing good relations with other countries he may be treated as the best one so far.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I still feel that he is a doll in the hands of Mrs.Sonia Gandhi Ji.It is hard for me to believe that he acts independently.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]I still feel that he is a doll in the hands of Mrs.Sonia Gandhi Ji.It is hard for me to believe that he acts independently.[/quote]

Man Mohan Singh is PM whereas Sonia Gandhi is party leader. man Mohan singh is working well and he is good P.M. But it is not easy to state who is the best P.M. so far. I admire Pt Nehru and Lal Bahadur shastri more. Opinions may differ. But I don't agree that he is a mere doll. As regards acting independently, it is necessary in democratic set up and especially in era of coalition politics to consult and respect others' opinions also.

As to where the integrity and clean image is concerned, Dr. Manmohan Singh fits the bill, he is a thorough gentleman, a soft-spoken genius, but whereas his leadership is concerned he certainly is found lacking in quite a number of issues. The biggest example would be to failure to check the spurting increases in food prices, lack of any concrete solutions to address terrorism issues etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]As to where the integrity and clean image is concerned, Dr. Manmohan Singh fits the bill, he is a thorough gentleman, a soft-spoken genius, but whereas his leadership is concerned he certainly is found lacking in quite a number of issues. The biggest example would be to failure to check the spurting increases in food prices, lack of any concrete solutions to address terrorism issues etc.[/quote]

Man Mohan Singh's said failures like failure to arrest price rise and combat terrorism are not peculiar to him. even his predecessors failed. Thus he is as good or bad as the predecessors. He is certainly not the best but then even not the worst.

Initially I too thought he would be playing into the hands of Sania Gandhi but what impresses me now is his quiet,dignified yet firm ways of dealing with issues of national and international importance.
Well after hearing my co-memeber views I can only say one thing that No PM is fully perfect and can solve each and every problems faced by the country...However as a person Dr.Singh is quiet good compared to Ex-PM's ..

I pesonally dont like Gandhi members excluding Rajiv Gandhi who was also good by nature but failed as PM due to in-experience decisions.

According to me Dr.Singh couldnt solve some major problems like increase in price,terrorism which were not seen in the reigm of other PM's..so comparision is not possible as till now most of the PM's of India have some problems..except LAL BAHDUR SASTHRI.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.