Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes it is safe if you use your home computer with Internet security anti virus software..
Actually doing net banking is not safe in home computer also. we need to be careful. because now a days people are remote controlling the pc's. We are seeing many cases in tv. So friends while doing net banking once check whether you pc is under the control of anyone and then proceed

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Actually doing net banking is not safe in home computer also. we need to be careful. because now a days people are remote controlling the pc's. We are seeing many cases in tv. So friends while doing net banking once check whether you pc is under the control of anyone and then proceed

How do we know about this??
I have been using net banking for about 5 years and I have never faced any problem. On the contrary it has been of great help. But experts maintain that in order to be on the safer side
1. One should use long and complex passwords
2. Use one's own PC and internet connection as far as possible while using net banking
3. One should frequently change passwords.
4. One should keep one's bank documents very secretly.
5. One should not respond to any emails asking for user id and passwords.
6. One should immediately close the browser window after using net banking, if further browsing is required start afresh after reopening the browser.
Rajesh Chandra Pandey wrote:
[quote]I have been using net banking for about 5 years and I have never faced any problem. On the contrary it has been of great help. But experts maintain that in order to be on the safer side
1. One should use long and complex passwords
2. Use one's own PC and internet connection as far as possible while using net banking
3. One should frequently change passwords.
4. One should keep one's bank documents very secretly.
5. One should not respond to any emails asking for user id and passwords.
6. One should immediately close the browser window after using net banking, if further browsing is required start afresh after reopening the browser. [/quote]

I totally agree with you! I too have been using net banking fo rso many years now and it is very convenient and hassle free. Banks like HSBC have a very high tech channels of online banking, I use ICICI too. Provided we follow the rules of netbanking as specified by the bank closely, there is no problem at all.

Just one more point I would like to add to Rajesh's list of safety norms is that, never ever use even your own laptop to access your online account in a public wi-fi zone. It is not secure and even while using your own laptop, it is an easy target for hackers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.