Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
check out this website and tell me is it the same flower, here is the link-

http://www.ehow.com/how_2302065_uproot-perennial-chives.html

Though I find the flower similar I think the one in the website has narrow leaves. :dry:

Thanks for the link Asha, but I had looked at it too. Only the color of flowers is same, it is not the same one though!

Can you be a little more specific about the height of the plant and size of the leaves etc. Did you get the plant in India or brought the seeds from some where else?

If you can post some more pictures, that can be more informative to us. Like the stem of the plant is not visible here.

Asha, the foliage is very thick hence the stem cannot be photographed from any angle, but it is quite like most perennials.
Here are two more photos of it, as you can see, the top of the stem where it produces buds, the leaves have formed a lovely crown like shape around the flower, much like a leafy flower itself.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8781]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8782]}

They are lovely kalayani, all the plants look so lush and healthy...I think weather makes a lot of difference, here we get to see the plants looking their best during rains but no flowers come out because there is no sun...

Thanks Usha, yes my plants are lush and healthy most of the time except if the summer months are very hot. I think your proximity to the sea may be the reason why you won't get flowers, does humidity influence it?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

check out this website and tell me is it the same flower, here is the link-

http://www.ehow.com/how_2302065_uproot-perennial-chives.html

Though I find the flower similar I think the one in the website has narrow leaves. :dry:

Thanks for the link Asha, but I had looked at it too. Only the color of flowers is same, it is not the same one though!

Can you be a little more specific about the height of the plant and size of the leaves etc. Did you get the plant in India or brought the seeds from some where else?

If you can post some more pictures, that can be more informative to us. Like the stem of the plant is not visible here.

Asha, the foliage is very thick hence the stem cannot be photographed from any angle, but it is quite like most perennials.
Here are two more photos of it, as you can see, the top of the stem where it produces buds, the leaves have formed a lovely crown like shape around the flower, much like a leafy flower itself.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8781]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8782]}

They are lovely kalayani, all the plants look so lush and healthy...I think weather makes a lot of difference, here we get to see the plants looking their best during rains but no flowers come out because there is no sun...

Thanks Usha, yes my plants are lush and healthy most of the time except if the summer months are very hot. I think your proximity to the sea may be the reason why you won't get flowers, does humidity influence it?

After the rains we get plenty of flowers but during rainy season because there is no sunlight we hardly get to see any flowers around except certain varieties of hibiscus and some local flowers ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So, my mission failed :( :(
Ok...
Yet, I will try to post pictures of that plant. Let me try

Meera sandhu
Is it blue to purple perennial flower

look at it.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8784]}

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Is it blue to purple perennial flower

look at it.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8784]}

Mary, the difference between what you have posted and what I have got is quite obvious!

It looks lovely! The wet shiny leaves are adding to the beauty. Though it looks very unfamiliar.. I will try to find out the answer soon.

Live in the present :)
It looks lovely! The wet shiny leaves are adding to the beauty. Though it looks very unfamiliar.. I will try to find out the answer soon.

Thank you Asha!! Please do try!! :) I have looked through many websites but haven't found it yet!!

P.S: If someone needs a sapling of this plant, let me know ! :)

This is a wild flower.In Bengal it grows on the bushes.Near my house this flower grows but it grows in colorful petals not of single color.In Bengali we call it "sheyal ful" means jackal flower.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Sheyal phool ( have given the picture below of sheyal kanta ) is totally different, it comes mostly in bright yellow color with thorny stems and grows wild mostly in arid areas whereas this particular flower is now being grown in parks and is domesticated...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8860]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sheyal phool ( have given the picture below of sheyal kanta ) is totally different, it comes mostly in bright yellow color with thorny stems and grows wild mostly in arid areas whereas this particular flower is now being grown in parks and is domesticated...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8860]}

Usha, I remember this flower really well. It used to grow profusely in open areas near my home when I was a child. Now it is seen quite rarely! We used to hold its petal between our fingers slightly stretching and blow on it, it used to sound like what we call pipani! The entire plant itself looks very beautiful with its silvery leaves with spikey points.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.