The topic is locked.
Starting this topic little early. Karva Chauth is about to come now. Many members of this site is of South India, so i think they might not know. Let me tell you about this festival.

Karva Chauth is a festival which is celebrated by North India people. Also Rajasthani and UP people celebrate this. Women do fast for their Husband for their long lives. Husband feels lucky for their wife at this moment.
I hope that Women will share their experiences here, if they have done.
Karva Chauth is on 3rd Novemeber 2012.
Even unmarried girls do karva Chauth to get good husband.
You all would had seen the Movie " Bhagban". In that movie Amitabh also fast for Hema Malini. So, like Amitabh, there are some Men who have fast for their wife. I am doing it since 3 years :P If such member are there in our Boddunan, we would like to know and do share your experiences.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9052]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9053]}

Want to make each day Accountable

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think, Amitji in real life also do karva Chauth...
It's true, South Indians don't have this festival....
Yet we have "Thinkalazcha Vritham"(Monday Vridh).
Ladies go fasting all Mondays for the prosperity of her husband and worship siva as well.
Unmarried girls do so, to get good husband

Meera sandhu
Presently Kartik Poornima is very important. This year Lakshimi Puja will be celebrated on this day. It is very auspicious.
Today we have Id -ul-Zoha. Happy Id.
Karva Chauth is very important Indian festival. My Mom will celebrate it. There will be lots of cooking at home. We will have fun.
I think It is purely Indian festival and we all celebrate specially married woman.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Starting this topic little early. Karva Chauth is about to come now. Many members of this site is of South India, so i think they might not know. Let me tell you about this festival.

Karva Chauth is a festival which is celebrated by North India people. Also Rajasthani and UP people celebrate this. Women do fast for their Husband for their long lives. Husband feels lucky for their wife at this moment.
I hope that Women will share their experiences here, if they have done.
Karva Chauth is on 3rd Novemeber 2012.
Even unmarried girls do karva Chauth to get good husband.
You all would had seen the Movie " Bhagban". In that movie Amitabh also fast for Hema Malini. So, like Amitabh, there are some Men who have fast for their wife. I am doing it since 3 years :P If such member are there in our Boddunan, we would like to know and do share your experiences.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9052]}

Each state and each region in a state have different cultural practices and festivals. Karva Chauth is an unknown festival in this part of the country, But we have similar festivals being observed by women folk.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9053]}
I think, Amitji in real life also do karva Chauth...
It's true, South Indians don't have this festival....
Yet we have "Thinkalazcha Vritham"(Monday Vridh).
Ladies go fasting all Mondays for the prosperity of her husband and worship siva as well.
Unmarried girls do so, to get good husband

By description, the south Indian festival appears 'karva chauth' only. 'Vritham' is same as 'Vrat' or fast. This is only language difference. I do not understand meaning of 'thinkalazcha'. Just translate this in English. May be this is same as Karwa chauth. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Aazcha means week and thinkalazcha is Monday.....
It's not month specific......
A lady/man can do this vrith on Mondays...just she need to practise it continuously. She keeps fasting for the whole day till 7 pm. My dearest friend is keeping this vrita for many years.......(She can be more slim - another reason for fasting)
Monday is the day to worship Lord Siva...I doubt if it's som vrith of North India.

Meera sandhu
A lady/man can do this vrith on Mondays...just she need to practise it continuously. She keeps fasting for the whole day till 7 pm. My dearest friend is keeping this vrita for many years.......(She can be more slim - another reason for fasting)
Monday is the day to worship Lord Siva...I doubt if it's som vrith of North India.

In North, this is once a year. 'Karca' I do not know. 'Chauth' means 4th day. This would be in local calendar. Fast is by women for husband's long life. These days, men are also observing fast but tradition is only for married women's fast. Fat by men and unmarried women is a deviation from tradition.

In North, this is once a year. 'Karca' I do not know. 'Chauth' means 4th day. This would be in local calendar. Fast is by women for husband's long life. These days, men are also observing fast but tradition is only for married women's fast. Fat by men and unmarried women is a deviation from tradition.

sir, Karva means 'Diya'. small eathen pots and chauth means 4th.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thus Karwa Chauth and Aazcha have some similarity but differ.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.