The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Karva Chauth is a famous festival every lady do fast on this day for long life of her husband. :) I don't know if it is celebrated in south India. :)

Not at all.
Let me know, if your wife do it for your health and prosperity? :P

Yes she is very religious she does it for me even she remain on fast on Ahoi Ashatmi for kids may be you don't know about it. :)

Fasts are a lot in number in our kerala as well.....
Shasti (for Subramaniya)
Somavrit(for siva) and many more

Meera sandhu
Fasting by the Married Hindu Woman for the well-being, prosperity and longevity of their husbands.

Sharmistha Banerjee
karva chauth is fun. everyone waits eagerly for the moon. and most of the times its cloudy in the sky and moon comes out late. :cheer:

So, Karwa chauth ka chand' is also like 'Eid ka chand'.

very rightly quoted by you sir.
Karva Chauth is a famous festival every lady do fast on this day for long life of her husband. :) I don't know if it is celebrated in south India. :)

Not at all.
Let me know, if your wife do it for your health and prosperity? :P

Sandhyaji, those familes who do this from many years, have to do it till their husband live. It is compulsory.

Want to make each day Accountable

karva chauth is fun. everyone waits eagerly for the moon. and most of the times its cloudy in the sky and moon comes out late. :cheer:

There is just one difference. Eid is celebrated may be for nearly 1 month and Karwa Chauth is celebrated only for 1 day.
I think the muslims, who do fast during eid is little difficult.

Want to make each day Accountable

You can say it as both comes once a year. :laugh:
Karva chauth is celebrated by the non Bengali. It is not the festival of Bengali's. But I keep great interest in this festival.

Sharmistha Banerjee
It is a festival of punjabi's. But if we believe then anyone can do it

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Its an unknown festival in South India. There are other festivals for women who do worship for the welfare of their husbands in South India
I think Karva Chouth is well past so this discussion need to be closed.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.