The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sir Aazcha..simply means a week...
Thinkal is also known as Thinkal Azcha.......it's simply Monday.....
Since it's done on monday, the name given as Thinkal azcha vritham.

Meera sandhu
Ho Ronark, it is nice to go through details regarding Karva Chauth which we don't celebrate in the south. But there are other occasions when similar sentiments are expressed by wives to show their love and regard for their husbands

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Karva chauth is one of the important festival in Hindu.

This is a festival for married women.

Married women pray for their husbands good life.

Be positive
Karva chauth is a long day fast kept by the Indian married women for the long life of their husband.After seeing the moon in the evening they break their fast.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Karva Chauth is a famous festival every lady do fast on this day for long life of her husband. :) I don't know if it is celebrated in south India. :)
Karva Chauth is a famous festival every lady do fast on this day for long life of her husband. :) I don't know if it is celebrated in south India. :)

Not at all.
Let me know, if your wife do it for your health and prosperity? :P

Meera sandhu

Not at all.
Let me know, if your wife do it for your health and prosperity? :P

Yes she is very religious she does it for me even she remain on fast on Ahoi Ashatmi for kids may be you don't know about it. :)

This festival is mostly celebrated in the states like Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, UP, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
karva chauth is fun. everyone waits eagerly for the moon. and most of the times its cloudy in the sky and moon comes out late. :cheer:
karva chauth is fun. everyone waits eagerly for the moon. and most of the times its cloudy in the sky and moon comes out late. :cheer:

So, Karwa chauth ka chand' is also like 'Eid ka chand'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.