Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
i have told in that thread about Kodungallur devi temple. it's believed that she is Attukal Bhagavathi.
there is a ceremony known as 'Bharani paatt'.......... song sung on Bharani star of Malayalam month Makaram or meenam.
tribal people comes from Malabar and sing abuse songs for pleasing her. if ladies travel through public roads, they will tease them through such songs, no one will complain.
so, while this celebration going on in temple, ladies won't go there.
i think fish, meat etc are also prepared by these people in temple premises

Yes know in certain parts of India fish and meat preparations are part of religious matters

yet we can't enter an Indian temple after having non-veg food :silly: :silly:

Shhh.... don't tell with all. I wont tell with any body what i ate before entering a temple.
There are strange rituals and customs in many parts of the world. This is one of them!

There are more strange and bizarre rituals all over the world including the so called advanced countries.
strange customs....
a few months back, i started a similar thread to post strange customs of such worship places like temples, churches etc....

Anyhow i missed them as they were posted before my arrival here.
Anything consumed by human is considered as prasadam and is offered to god. The customs are really very strange sometimes.. I heard that even Jagannath Swami( Puri, Orissa) is considered to move when bad words are used during the Jagannath Yatra...

What you heard is right. People use abusiv language. Only then The Rath moves

People vie with each other to shower abuses on lord Jagannadh.
I have also heard that when Muslims go to Mecca, there too while going to mecca in the way, this pelting stones rituals is there.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.