Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One fine day young daughter comes home from her college and tells her mother that she has fallen in Love. Under such circumstances what will be the mother reaction? Can you imagine and share your views in this regards.

I appreciate the girl for being straight forward. She had kicked the ball in to the elders ground. Now the elders should come forward with an amicable solution.
Different mothers different reactions. :laugh:

But if a daughter tells her mother about it that means she shares that level of understanding with her mother. They maybe sharing more of a friendly kind of relation.

i totally agree with you Asha. nicely said :P

I would like to ask all the mothers here what kind of a mother would you want to be and why ..the one to whom her daughter shares even her boyfriend talks or the one with whom the daughter does not share such kind of things?

oh no :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Give it a thought! ;) Can be helpful to you in the coming years you know. :silly:

let me start thinking today itself :whistle: :whistle:

who knows she say so tomorrow :S :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Yes you are correct and I am sure most of the daughter share their feelings with their mother. And mother should always treat their grown up daughter as their friend
Yes you are correct and I am sure most of the daughter share their feelings with their mother. And mother should always treat their grown up daughter as their friend

Young Generations is opposite about what you said. Most of the girls, don't tell about their love relationships to their parents. what say girls?

Want to make each day Accountable

Young Generations is opposite about what you said. Most of the girls, don't tell about their love relationships to their parents. what say girls?

That's true but only if they are uncertain about their boyfriend. If they are living far from parents then also some don't share such important issues.
This depends on community and attitude. In a conservative society, the mother may said- Oh kalmuhni (O black faced- You will not go out from house now onward- otherwise, i'll break your legs. A more liberal mother may ask he to arrange meeting with the boy and inquire about family details. In certain communities there is no issue even if the unmarried girl gets pregnant.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This depends on community and attitude. In a conservative society, the mother may said- Oh kalmuhni (O black faced- You will not go out from house now onward- otherwise, i'll break your legs. A more liberal mother may ask he to arrange meeting with the boy and inquire about family details. In certain communities there is no issue even if the unmarried girl gets pregnant.

No,no sir, if the girl becomes pregnant, Girl parents can't remain quiet. At that time situation becomes more critical. Parents don't understand, what to take the next step?

No,no sir, if the girl becomes pregnant, Girl parents can't remain quiet. At that time situation becomes more critical. Parents don't understand, what to take the next step?

I have said 'in certain community'. I really witnessed this. I was posted in Shillong. One day, somebody said during gossip- 'My neighboring unmarried girl gave birth to a child." Nobody responded. He repeated this thrice. Then one said- why are you saying again and again. What is issue. At this, the colleague said- she is unmarried mother. Came the retort- You need not get married to be pregnant. In certain communities, especially matriarchal, only mother is significant. Even for admission in school, mother's name only is relevant. Marriage or no marriage little matters. Property is inherited by daughter and not by son.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I have said 'in certain community'. I really witnessed this. I was posted in Shillong. One day, somebody said during gossip- 'My neighboring unmarried girl gave birth to a child." Nobody responded. He repeated this thrice. Then one said- why are you saying again and again. What is issue. At this, the colleague said- she is unmarried mother. Came the retort- You need not get married to be pregnant. In certain communities, especially matriarchal, only mother is significant. Even for admission in school, mother's name only is relevant. Marriage or no marriage little matters. Property is inherited by daughter and not by son.

really surprising to know such communities also exist in India. :silly: :silly: :silly:
i know such strange customs exist in tribes......India and other countries :sick: :sick:

Meera sandhu

This is really strange. Can we call this a taboo?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.