Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let us continue our Pooram talks
Thrissur is now busy in celebrating elephant poorams one after the other
you can witness at least 100 poorams in Thrissur

Meera sandhu

Sandy, Please let me know what does 'Pooram' stand for? I hope it is a Malayalam word. Is it so ?

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

Sandy, Please let me know what does 'Pooram' stand for? I hope it is a Malayalam word. Is it so ?

In my Trivandrum language it's millipede (a creature that I hate most) B) B) ;) ;) :ohmy:

But for Thrissur people, it's temple festival :P

I think it derived its name from Thrissur Pooram.....Pooram of all poorams

actually pooram is a star of 27 stars according to Malayalam astrology. Thrissur pooram is celebrated on Pooram day of Malayalam Month Medam (April 15th to May 15). So, I think, all temple festivals of Thrissur used this word Pooram instead of 'Ulsavam'. In Trivandrum, it's simply Ulsavam/Utsavam.

In simple words, Pooram is one among those 27 stars, and I was born just 1 star before Pooram - Makam, but exactly one month later. :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: RobertP
am a little late.
Elephant Poorams have already commenced in Thrissur.....I think more than 100 lepehant poorams in Thrissur main town and nearby places alone :silly: :silly:
On Saturday, I got a spectacular view of 15 decorated elephants in a view, with Thechikottu Ramachandran carrying the main deity of Subramaniya temple....He is a living legend of above 60 years and is the second tallest elephant of Asia now. When I saw him near, my mouth was almost open. He is really a handsome man ;) . No wonder why he has a fan's association of his own. :woohoo:
Let me give you a few visuals
See the first one near to get a clear picture of Ramachandran

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9716]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9717]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9718]}

Wow so you can enjoy them alot. :laugh: :laugh:

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
read my recent posts too, Sasi.....

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.