Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No response for my half hour effort add them in forum :angry: :evil: :evil:

No worries, Here is your responder. Banda Gaazir Hai.
My respects to Thechikottu Ramachandran.

Babuji its not Gaazir its Haazir. :laugh:

@ Sandhya is it some festival?. :blink:

Annual celebration of a Subramaniya temple, just 1km away..Cheerankuzhi temple.
If you come to Thrissur now, you can see more than 100 elephant poorams :cheer: :cheer:

Sanjeev, don't you have annual celebrations at North Indian temples for 10 days every year?

Oh that's great. :)

In north India we always have something in temples whole 365 days in a year. :woohoo:

365 days in a year :blink: why so?
am asking about annual celebrations...mela, fire works, concerts, cultural art forms etc

Meera sandhu

If you come to Thrissur now, you can see more than 100 elephant poorams :cheer: :cheer:

Sanjeev, don't you have annual celebrations at North Indian temples for 10 days every year?

In north India we always have something in temples whole 365 days in a year. :woohoo:

am asking about annual celebrations...mela, fire works, concerts, cultural art forms etc

Specially on Navratris we have a sort of festivals in temples for continous 9 days. :)

Specially on Navratris we have a sort of festivals in temples for continous 9 days. :)

Ok..
we do have Navarathri celebrations in temples for 9 days...but what am telling is bit different.

there is annual 'utsav' in every temple of Kerala...small temples conduct it for 3 or 5 days depending on their financial status.
Almost all temples conduct it for 10 days....festivals start with Kodiyettu.....(Flying flag of the temple ) and it ends with fireworks :woohoo: :woohoo:
some times, 2 or 3 fireworks may be conducted. season starts from December and ends in May.....each temple has its own time for celebration.....it's the case of churches too...
now, church annual celebrations are going on in our residing place...it's very grand. i think they also conduct for 10 days.

during such temple celebrations, stage shows will be there...ancient art forms, theatre drama, live dance and singing concerts.....to entertain people...it will be conducted for 10 days, such stage shows
on the 10th day, the deity will go to nearby temples in big processions on elephants.

Meera sandhu
No I have not seen such celebrations in Delhi's Temples or may be I don't know much about it as I don't go to the temples. But sure people here in Delhi are not much devotional they remain busy in their work only. :evil:
Wow..I don't know about the events, but those pictures tells the story.. Looking great.

I was standing near those elephants while taking some of the photos...just a hand distance. :woohoo:
now only I understood, elephants are calm animals :unsure: . People, even ladies stand close to them during poorams....

@ Swetha
I have already told my hubby that I liked Ramachandran very much though he is 65 or 70 years old ;)

That must have been great experience for you. Well, Elephants are calm animals for sure, but they be angry better watch out.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Wow..I don't know about the events, but those pictures tells the story.. Looking great.

I was standing near those elephants while taking some of the photos...just a hand distance. :woohoo:
now only I understood, elephants are calm animals :unsure: . People, even ladies stand close to them during poorams....

@ Swetha
I have already told my hubby that I liked Ramachandran very much though he is 65 or 70 years old ;)

That must have been great experience for you. Well, Elephants are calm animals for sure, but they be angry better watch out.

when will you get time to run away when they become angry :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
No I have not seen such celebrations in Delhi's Temples or may be I don't know much about it as I don't go to the temples. But sure people here in Delhi are not much devotional they remain busy in their work only. :evil:

temples are there in every corner. so festivals are also many.
why cant you visit Kerala now to see temple celebrations?
But it's terribly hot here :dry: :huh: :huh:
My father is doing fireworks business. so, full busy till May.
now temple festivals and fireworks have increased considerably in the past few years

Meera sandhu
I talked a lot about Thechikott Ramachandran in this thread..praised him for his height and beauty. he is the tallest elephant of kerala I agree.
but yesterday he killed 3 ladies (45, 55 and 65 years age) in a nearby pooram. just 1 week has passed since i saw him hand distant. :blink: :silly: :silly:

incident curved this way yesterday..

i have told, he never allows god' shrine to place on any other elephant's head if he is present and you should see his humbleness and obedience while he bows his head to place that 'thidamb' in his head.
yesterday he attended pooram of a small temple. he was carrying the main thidamb. when the pooram ends, elephants need to enter the main temple in a row. as the temple door is of medium height and this elephant tallest one, it's difficult for him to carry the tidamb inside without knocking the ceiling. so, as soon as the pooram end, they took the main shrine from his head and placed on another short elephant's head to carry it inside.
within 5 minutes, he showed his anger by throwing a small girl first. then he trashed two ladies to nearby wall by catching their feet with his trunk :dry: :dry: . both ladies died. nothing happened to the girl, i don't know how the third lady died.
he even gave a good kick with his tusk the poor elephant, on which the tidamb was placed later :silly: :silly: . so, it's clear he is very clever and has a human's mind.
seeing his angry face, one elephant flee from there and escaped :woohoo: . actually it reduced the real problem.
it took more than half hour to make everything calm.
temple people know it well, he never withstand such disrespects. then why did they took such a risk in front of a thousand people. already he has killed a mahout, a person and an elephant :silly:

Meera sandhu
Sandy,

Please let me know how long it will run (Pooram celebration). I could have been there if my friend invited me for pooram. She didn't invite me.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
pooram season has just begun in Kerala, it lasts till May....Thrissur pooram is one among those
you are warm wlecome robert

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.