Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I hope software experts on the site will help you. Meanwhile, I hope following link may help you. This is an article by one of our senior members.

http://www.boddunan.com/articles/programming/32-web-programming/10910-introduction-to-active-server-pages--asp-.html

Oh, it just struck me that speaking about some brands isn't really allowed here. I had written an article which was edited for this reason. But that was first article here and I have promised never to repeat the mistake. I hope I am not repeating it here. Can this thread be allowed? BTW, thanks for the link.

We cannot promote brands and sites. So, there should be no promotional links. But it is okay to name generic names. For example, it is okay to mention 'bath soap' but inappropriate to mention brand name of soaps. .

This discussion is really important to me. I am sure when there will be other members online, someone will certainly suggest some different things that would be helpful to me. I just fear the thread doesn't get deleted, that's all. I am not expecting anything more.

Actually you need an answer to your question and not discussion. So, it is better to put your question in Q & A section.

Yes, I had thought of starting this as a question instead of a discussion. But I thought, I wouldn't be able to interact with you all if it was a question. You may lock the thread if you so wish. I don't mind.
I hope software experts on the site will help you. Meanwhile, I hope following link may help you. This is an article by one of our senior members.

http://www.boddunan.com/articles/programming/32-web-programming/10910-introduction-to-active-server-pages--asp-.html

Oh, it just struck me that speaking about some brands isn't really allowed here. I had written an article which was edited for this reason. But that was first article here and I have promised never to repeat the mistake. I hope I am not repeating it here. Can this thread be allowed? BTW, thanks for the link.

We cannot promote brands and sites. So, there should be no promotional links. But it is okay to name generic names. For example, it is okay to mention 'bath soap' but inappropriate to mention brand name of soaps. .

This discussion is really important to me. I am sure when there will be other members online, someone will certainly suggest some different things that would be helpful to me. I just fear the thread doesn't get deleted, that's all. I am not expecting anything more.

Actually you need an answer to your question and not discussion. So, it is better to put your question in Q & A section.

Yes, I had thought of starting this as a question instead of a discussion. But I thought, I wouldn't be able to interact with you all if it was a question. You may lock the thread if you so wish. I don't mind.

There is no need to lock the thread. When you get your reply and are satisfied, this can be locked.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Most professional designers prefer Adobe Fireworks and is a de-facto for making front-end design.

Disclosure: I do not use Fireworks.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Most professional designers prefer Adobe Fireworks and is a de-facto for making front-end design.

Then which one you personally use and advice !? :whistle:

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

I am not a designer rather a developer, so my advise may not be considered seriously.

My personal preferences in order:

1. Fireworks (I do not use because it is too costly for my needs)
2. GIMP (less efficient but enough for what I needed, free one)
3. Corel Photo Impact (have some good goodies. Little cheaper, I got a coupon to purchase it so it was very less priced somewhere around $20)

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

I am not a designer rather a developer, so my advise may not be considered seriously.

My personal preferences in order:

1. Fireworks (I do not use because it is too costly for my needs)
2. GIMP (less efficient but enough for what I needed, free one)
3. Corel Photo Impact (have some good goodies. Little cheaper, I got a coupon to purchase it so it was very less priced somewhere around $20)

What software would be ideal for a Developer cum Designer? Though i'm not a professional, out of my own interest i became proficient in Flash and Photoshop
Flash is no longer a developer preference. As a developer I use IDEs more than any other designer tools. 90% of the time I use Eclipse and remaining on other tools (see above).

Here is the complete list of software I use (almost all are open source)

1. Eclipse (IDE)
2. XAMPP (AMP stack for Windows)
3. SMTP4DEV (SMTP proxy)
4. Chrome (Browser)
5. MySQL GUI Tools (DB Client)
6. FileZilla (FTP app)
7. Putty (SSH client)
8. EmEditor (Text editor)
9. Winamp (Media player, helps my productivity)

Finally Windows 8. Most people (read as developers) claim of using windows is a crime, I am exclusion.

Thank you said by: rambabu, AKP
Flash is no longer a developer preference. As a developer I use IDEs more than any other designer tools. 90% of the time I use Eclipse and remaining on other tools (see above).

Here is the complete list of software I use (almost all are open source)

1. Eclipse (IDE)
2. XAMPP (AMP stack for Windows)
3. SMTP4DEV (SMTP proxy)
4. Chrome (Browser)
5. MySQL GUI Tools (DB Client)
6. FileZilla (FTP app)
7. Putty (SSH client)
8. EmEditor (Text editor)
9. Winamp (Media player, helps my productivity)

Finally Windows 8. Most people (read as developers) claim of using windows is a crime, I am exclusion.

Are these tools used for front end designing. I guess, developer is related to programming and designer is related to front end. Right? Is any of them free to use and download?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.