Pen and Ink drawing is a forgotten genre of art. Still a very few are practising this rare genre.
Thomas Broome is a Pen and ink artist with difference.
He fills the objects of his drawings with the name of the object itself.
The point will be clear if you see the drawing below

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10051]}
http://www.teoti.com/art-comics/10033-thomas-broom-art.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is really beautiful and creative. The drawing is no so easy as it appears and is indeed rare genre used in present times.
It is really beautiful and creative. The drawing is no so easy as it appears and is indeed rare genre used in present times.

This type of art demands more patience than skill.
Pen and Ink drawing is a forgotten genre of art. Still a very few are practising this rare genre.

Very beautiful, Japanese and Chinese are experts at this kind of pen and ink drawing, some of their work is so very intricate...
vizagTaj.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very beautiful, Japanese and Chinese are experts at this kind of pen and ink drawing, some of their work is so very intricate...

Yes pen and ink universally uses the method of using lines and tiny dots to achieve depth. The same method i too learned. But here there is a variation. The artist used the names of the objects as the tools to get the required depth and feeling of solidity
Here is a work of mine. This is a historical monument in my place Vizag.
Here i used the dot and line

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10053]}
Thank you said by: usha manohar
fantastic creation. Really done a good drawing with pen and ink.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Actually, Chinese and Japanese traditionally use watercolours and cannot be called as Pen and Ink method! My favorite Pen and Ink artist is Franklin Booth - the paintings he has created 100 years ago are a marvel and cannot never be duplicated in techniques, aesthetics as well as beauty!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Actually, Chinese and Japanese traditionally use watercolours and cannot be called as Pen and Ink method! My favorite Pen and Ink artist is Franklin Booth - the paintings he has created 100 years ago are a marvel and cannot never be duplicated in techniques, aesthetics as well as beauty!

Chinese and Japs are well known for their Calligraphy.

In pure fine arts, Pen and Ink technique is very much distinctive and cannot be confused with Calligraphy. In Pen and Ink, a dip Pen Nib with fine point is used and in Calligraphy - a broad, flat-pointed pen is used. Also in Calligraphy, as in traditional Chinese and Japanese forms, a lot of brushwork using watercolour washes is applied. In Pen and Ink, it is not, the entire painting is created using ONLY fine lines of varying grades. I thought being an artist, you would know that!

For Pen and Ink, see this one by Franklin Booth, only fine lines are used:

Was not able to attach it in the above post:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10057]}

Thank you said by: usha manohar

In pure fine arts, Pen and Ink technique is very much distinctive and cannot be confused with Calligraphy. In Pen and Ink, a dip Pen Nib with fine point is used and in Calligraphy - a broad, flat-pointed pen is used. Also in Calligraphy, as in traditional Chinese and Japanese forms, a lot of brushwork using watercolour washes is applied. In Pen and Ink, it is not, the entire painting is created using ONLY fine lines of varying grades. I thought being an artist, you would know that!

For Pen and Ink, see this one by Franklin Booth, only fine lines are used:

I'll see. thank you. I'm a great lover of pen & ink art form
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.