The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:) :) :) I happy to with your this topic you are talking about Basant Panchami when more over like to celebrate Valentine day. We must be love and like our rich culture and traditions. Thanks.
Basant Panchami -
The days when weather is most pleasant-
The chilly colds give way to pleasing days
Kamdeva plays in every heart
Flowers begin to blossom
mango trees start flowering
Children fly kites high in sky.
Let's celebrate the day with love and joy
Happy Basant Panchami once again
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thank you said by: suni51
:) Weather is not same in country, but Basant Panchmi is celebrating every where. Here weather is cloudy. It is better for crops.
happy panchami to you all

But it's terrible hot here, even during early mornings :( :(

Here we have pleasant weather. Neither hot nor cold

Although it has become a little better but still chilly enough to use two sweaters. We still use leather jackets during mornings and evenings.
:) :) :) I too would like to take this opportunity to wish all my friends here on Boddunan a Happy Basant Panchami :) :) :)
Let me quote- this particular day is dedicated to goddess of knowledge, Ma Swarsati, students show their respect and gratitude.

for us, it's Mahanavami of Deshara celebrations :unsure:
we celebrate it as Vidyarambham..... kids learn first lessons "Ohm Hari sree" from temples and religious institutions. Churches also conduct vidyarambham. But they write "Misihay" (Jesus) in a bowl of rice. All other functions are same :cheer: :cheer:
the hottest article of my Boddunan blog till now ;)

The correct word is Masiha or Isa Masih stands for Jesus Christ
And whom are you telling about your article- I have read it before any one else. You could have placed the link for others to see it.

BTW, I liked the last picture most. That is one proud mother having her kid in her lap.

Misiha, Yesu are Malayalam names of Christ
If you check my article, you can get full details
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/people-places/230-festivals/20369-we-celebrate-vijayadasami-as-vidyarambham-when-a-child-starts-learning.html
It's "Sree Yesu Mishihaye" :cheer:
In Wyanad districts, it’s written “Thampuran Thunai” meaning God bless you.

But it's not me yaar....though I have added that picture there, it's a boy :P

Meera sandhu
:) Weather is not same in country, but Basant Panchmi is celebrating every where. Here weather is cloudy. It is better for crops.
happy panchami to you all

But it's terrible hot here, even during early mornings :( :(

Here we have pleasant weather. Neither hot nor cold

Although it has become a little better but still chilly enough to use two sweaters. We still use leather jackets during mornings and evenings.

after months, nature blessed us with tears of joy...
It's terribly hot for the past 2 days...I think around 40 degrees :silly:
I am happy today morning seeing my plants smiling in tiny drops of rain......

Meera sandhu
To day is Saraswati puja in bengal. All students are celebrating this day. Happy saraswati puja to all.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
To day is Saraswati puja in bengal. All students are celebrating this day. Happy saraswati puja to all.

can you tell me how Saraswathi pooja is done?
We do it along with Dessara celebrations, put all our books for pooja for two days and take it back on Vijayadasami - the day we celebrate as Vidhyarambham.

Meera sandhu
It is almost same.
We give puja to Mata. Mainly students worship but in almost all families celebrate this.
Those kids are going start studies, they start it from today infront of Devi.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

can you tell me how Saraswathi pooja is done?
We do it along with Dessara celebrations, put all our books for pooja for two days and take it back on Vijayadasami - the day we celebrate as Vidhyarambham.

In Maharashtra too the Dessara celebrations are quite important. The festival lasts for 9 days. Various goddess are worshiped during these days.
The same day is celebrated differently in many places.. I too wish all the boddunan member HAPPY BASANT PANCHAMI. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.