Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
According to a study language used in the books in the past 200 years shows that people have become more self centered and selfish. This is true of all nations and people across the world....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/10229133/Language-in-books-shows-how-we-have-grown-more-selfish.html

I agree to you.Nowadays,people become more selfish.Everybody needs their "own" in terms of all.This creates a problem in human race.

We can also see how the joint family system hs disintegrated and giving way to nuclear families which makes the individuals even more selfish in a way taking care of only their immediate families ...these are changing trends of society and we may see changes again where people may prefer living alone all by themselves..

You are right in future every one care for him/her self. Live in relation is example of it.

I think live in relation is best way of getting rid of all sort of greeds, no marriage no expectations. All fun, no responsibility. ;)

Even live in relations also pave way to attachments. Attachments lead to strong relations. Strong relations with a person or thing makes a man "greedy".

Life will have no meaning for human if the 'greed part ' will be out of it. Even saints living in jungles cannot be free from greed within a reasonable limit which is absolutely natural for human who can think.

I agree, it's natural .But if greed is kept within reasonable limits its OK.

You are caught big brother, the basic question is 'how much is enough, what is reasonable? It differs from person to person!!!

And your attitude also makes a difference. How many of us really think about the other man's 'need'. while we are busy in amassing things indiscriminately ?

You are soooooo true, every one is racing fast to stay ahead. everyone is thinking in terms of 'ME' why should one care for others, everyone has to care for himself.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

According to a study language used in the books in the past 200 years shows that people have become more self centered and selfish. This is true of all nations and people across the world....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/10229133/Language-in-books-shows-how-we-have-grown-more-selfish.html

I agree to you.Nowadays,people become more selfish.Everybody needs their "own" in terms of all.This creates a problem in human race.

We can also see how the joint family system hs disintegrated and giving way to nuclear families which makes the individuals even more selfish in a way taking care of only their immediate families ...these are changing trends of society and we may see changes again where people may prefer living alone all by themselves..

You are right in future every one care for him/her self. Live in relation is example of it.

I think live in relation is best way of getting rid of all sort of greeds, no marriage no expectations. All fun, no responsibility. ;)

Even live in relations also pave way to attachments. Attachments lead to strong relations. Strong relations with a person or thing makes a man "greedy".

Life will have no meaning for human if the 'greed part ' will be out of it. Even saints living in jungles cannot be free from greed within a reasonable limit which is absolutely natural for human who can think.

You are caught big brother, the basic question is 'how much is enough, what is reasonable? It differs from person to person!!!

And your attitude also makes a difference. How many of us really think about the other man's 'need'. while we are busy in amassing things indiscriminately ?

You are soooooo true, every one is racing fast to stay ahead. everyone is thinking in terms of 'ME' why should one care for others, everyone has to care for himself.

There is no difficulty if people think of self and family only as long as they do not indulge in foul practice. Just follow the rules of game and all is okay.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is no difficulty if people think of self and family only as long as they do not indulge in foul practice. Just follow the rules of
game and all is okay.

Reminds me of 'all's well as long I am well'
The people have forgotten old rules when 'others' came before 'self'
Sign of changing times perhaps. We do not expect old rules of the game any more.

One way of looking at it is - earlier peoplee never cared for their family meaning wife and children as much as is done now since thy lived in joint families and had to put everyones interest before them. Now, in nuclear families there is more opportunity for the family to interact and spend time together...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I would like to write my last post in this thread that there is nothing wrong if a person is looking for his self interest and supporting himself and his family because even that is not an easy job in this hard time. As long he is not stealing or harming others, there is nothing wrong in being 'selfish'

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.