Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A hundred years ago, there were quite limited resources and times were very hard in comparison to today. This automatically programmed people to look out more for others and be generally more helping and giving than now. Now that there is a manifold increase in resources, the attitude of 'I should possess more' is growing day by day which is also fueled by various advertisement. This materialistic attitude is making people more selfish than ever before. Why look hundred so far behind, just think of what it was like 15 years back and we will know the difference!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Things have changed today, I don't know what will be in 100 years later from today. No one will listen to anyone! That will be terrible :(

Even after 100 years selfishness will be there. 100 years ago selfishness was not there ? Selfishness and humans are interwoven. Where humans are there selfishness will be there.

I agree. self preservation and self interest is integral to animal life human included. Rivalry and team spirit go together. When there is abundance of everything and life simple, there is more cooperation and no rivalry. A simple example is a railway compartment. When there are more berths and no crowd, there is more intimacy and cooperation between passengers. But when there is crowd of passengers, there is even series of abuses, fight and tension on getting space. This is true about society at large. Now thee is excessive population and luxurious life style. So there is greediness and struggle to get and snatch maximum by hook or crook. This also leads to corrupt practices in entire society and reflected in demand for dowry, property and inheritance litigation and violence, malpractices and tax evasion, corruption.

The dividing line between need and greed is very thin. If one person amasses money under the guise of, " Future needs", another thinks of his present needs. The former is greed and the later is need.

Greed is need of the hour, if human was not as greedy as he is for learning and earning, he would have been as good as animal.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Things have changed today, I don't know what will be in 100 years later from today. No one will listen to anyone! That will be terrible :(

Even after 100 years selfishness will be there. 100 years ago selfishness was not there ? Selfishness and humans are interwoven. Where humans are there selfishness will be there.

I agree. self preservation and self interest is integral to animal life human included. Rivalry and team spirit go together. When there is abundance of everything and life simple, there is more cooperation and no rivalry. A simple example is a railway compartment. When there are more berths and no crowd, there is more intimacy and cooperation between passengers. But when there is crowd of passengers, there is even series of abuses, fight and tension on getting space. This is true about society at large. Now thee is excessive population and luxurious life style. So there is greediness and struggle to get and snatch maximum by hook or crook. This also leads to corrupt practices in entire society and reflected in demand for dowry, property and inheritance litigation and violence, malpractices and tax evasion, corruption.

The dividing line between need and greed is very thin. If one person amasses money under the guise of, " Future needs", another thinks of his present needs. The former is greed and the later is need.

Greed is need of the hour, if human was not as greedy as he is for learning and earning, he would have been as good as animal.

Greed and need in their respective places will never pose a problem. The root for all the human miseries is greed. Don't forget the greed of Adolph Hitler that drove him to the World war 2.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Greed and need in their respective places will never pose a problem. The root for all the human miseries is greed. Don't forget the greed of Adolph Hitler that drove him to the World war 2.

I would rather quote Einstein in place of Hitler he published hundreds of books and articles In addition to the work he did by himself and in collaborated with so many other scientists just to fulfill his greed for knowledge. one of them with our own scientist known as Bose–Einstein statistics. Don't you think it was his greed for knowledge?

I would rather quote Einstein in place of Hitler he published hundreds of books and articles In addition to the work he did by himself and in collaborated with so many other scientists just to fulfill his greed for knowledge. one of them with our own scientist known as Bose–Einstein statistics. Don't you think it was his greed for knowledge?

No I don't say " Greed for knowledge." I say "unsatiated thirst for knowledge."

When we talk of greed, we mean lust for money and that too without duly earning. Einstein and Bose in fact made sacrifice of their valuable time and energy for knowledge that they contributed to mankind.

This reminds me of chankya's policy- A brahman should have infinite lust for knowledge, a Khtriya for expansion of kingdom, a Vaishya for business expansion and a shudra for service. But now everyone has greed for money only without giving matching contribution to society.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

No it was me who said it, not you. I said greed for earning and learning is the need of the hour to stay ahead of others.

No it was me who said it, not you. I said greed for earning and learning is the need of the hour to stay ahead of others.

Okay. Now the concept is clear. For knowledge, you have thirst and for money greed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

What I said was if any one has a deep desire to acquire knowledge, one will not say " he has greed for knowledge." Rather, it's customary to say " he has an insatiable thirst for knowledge." Because "greed" conveys a negative sense. And thirst for knowledge is not only positive, but also one need not walk on the
corpses of others to acquire knowledge.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
According to a study language used in the books in the past 200 years shows that people have become more self centered and selfish. This is true of all nations and people across the world....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/10229133/Language-in-books-shows-how-we-have-grown-more-selfish.html

I agree to you.Nowadays,people become more selfish.Everybody needs their "own" in terms of all.This creates a problem in human race.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.