The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I normally write only those topics that interest me since I am unable to work up interest on others. However, when we had the contest here with given topics it was really nice to write on varied subjects since you got to learn many new subjects which also broadened my line of activity later. I do hpe we have such contests whhere we are given a target which is far more motivating since I personally work better when I am under pressure !

I guess you are like Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh who perform better when under pressure :laugh: :laugh:
But for me, I always like to stick to my areas of interest as it gives me the satisfaction of writing as well as earning a bit... ;)
There are some excellent writers who are able to give complete attention and write 2 or 3 articles a day, all brilliant stuff ! But that is a very rare thing since they do only that and have become veterans at it. For most others it is a balancing act doing house work and other related chores, attending to a job and spend whatever time we get to write articles, so writing an article per week is the best I can do...I wish I could write at least an article a day if not more !

I think mnay of us fall in the second category. I am sure you too do the same - look after the house and be active in writing articles as well. So, it is natural to concentrate on only one thing at a time.

True ! Thats why I wish I get uninterrupted 3 -4 hours a day when I can sit and concentrate on wrtiting an article a day....I know that can never happen since there are a dozen odd things that needs to be done ! :dry:

So, how much stuff can you write in those 3-4 hours. For me, when I write for my site, I find a topic, wirte the article, post it and do some marketing. All that takes about 1.5 hours. So, that's possible for me to write two in a day pretty easily.

Two articles in a day is good ! I may write 2000 - 3000 words at the most in 3 hours because I keep getting ideas and I keep deleting and adding on as I write which takes time... Very rarely I finish an article at one sitting !

I also never finish article at one sitting. in the beginning I used to do that. But after the articles were published, i came across silly mistakes such as typing errors, use of prepositions etc. So, nowadays, I avoid finishing everything at one sitting.
There are some excellent writers who are able to give complete attention and write 2 or 3 articles a day, all brilliant stuff ! But that is a very rare thing since they do only that and have become veterans at it. For most others it is a balancing act doing house work and other related chores, attending to a job and spend whatever time we get to write articles, so writing an article per week is the best I can do...I wish I could write at least an article a day if not more !

I think mnay of us fall in the second category. I am sure you too do the same - look after the house and be active in writing articles as well. So, it is natural to concentrate on only one thing at a time.

True ! Thats why I wish I get uninterrupted 3 -4 hours a day when I can sit and concentrate on wrtiting an article a day....I know that can never happen since there are a dozen odd things that needs to be done ! :dry:

So, how much stuff can you write in those 3-4 hours. For me, when I write for my site, I find a topic, wirte the article, post it and do some marketing. All that takes about 1.5 hours. So, that's possible for me to write two in a day pretty easily.

Two articles in a day is good ! I may write 2000 - 3000 words at the most in 3 hours because I keep getting ideas and I keep deleting and adding on as I write which takes time... Very rarely I finish an article at one sitting !

I also never finish article at one sitting. in the beginning I used to do that. But after the articles were published, i came across silly mistakes such as typing errors, use of prepositions etc. So, nowadays, I avoid finishing everything at one sitting.

Just a correction here (mentioning it just because you mentioned that there were mistakes in your write-ups - and yes, I am no one to correct things as I am also liable to making mistakes) - they say "in one sitting" not "at one sitting". Sorry if that was flashy.

Just a correction here (mentioning it just because you mentioned that there were mistakes in your write-ups - and yes, I am no one to correct things as I am also liable to making mistakes) - they say "in one sitting" not "at one sitting". Sorry if that was flashy.

Both can be used either at or in....http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/at+one+sitting

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Both can be used either at or in....http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/at+one+sitting

That's why I said that I am also libalbe to making mistakes. Secondly, whenever I heard, I always heard "in one sitting". I would say, this is addition to my knowledge. Thanks!
Thank you said by: usha manohar

That's why I said that I am also libalbe to making mistakes. Secondly, whenever I heard, I always heard "in one sitting". I would say, this is addition to my knowledge. Thanks!

So the fight is on to find grammatical mistakes... kool.. It would be learning for all. :) :)... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

So the fight is on to find grammatical mistakes... kool.. It would be learning for all. :) :)... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't mind calling it a fight. And if there is a learning curve for all of us...never mind... and yes, it's spelt "cool" and not "kool". There's something I would like to add, but it depends on what response I get.

I don't mind calling it a fight. And if there is a learning curve for all of us...never mind... and yes, it's spelt "cool" and not "kool". There's something I would like to add, but it depends on what response I get.

When we speak about grammar and expressions we also need to remember that old English was rotally different and so were the grammatical structures and as the transition took place I am sure many people would have pointed out what they thought was a mistake but was actually a new way of addressing like KOOOOOOLLL..... :P

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I normally write only those topics that interest me since I am unable to work up interest on others. However, when we had the contest here with given topics it was really nice to write on varied subjects since you got to learn many new subjects which also broadened my line of activity later. I do hpe we have such contests whhere we are given a target which is far more motivating since I personally work better when I am under pressure !

That's exactly opposite how it works in my case! Pressure kills my mind and whatever I am!!!! :P :P :P :P

That's exactly opposite how it works in my case! Pressure kills my mind and whatever I am!!!! :P :P :P :P

Most intellectuals feel that way, they dont like to work while under pressure but for lesser and lazier mortals :dry: pressure is the only thing that works..I find that most people do this.You find the maximum rush on the last day of paying the bills or students writing during the last 15 minutes when they are taking an exam...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.