The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are some excellent writers who are able to give complete attention and write 2 or 3 articles a day, all brilliant stuff ! But that is a very rare thing since they do only that and have become veterans at it. For most others it is a balancing act doing house work and other related chores, attending to a job and spend whatever time we get to write articles, so writing an article per week is the best I can do...I wish I could write at least an article a day if not more !

I think mnay of us fall in the second category. I am sure you too do the same - look after the house and be active in writing articles as well. So, it is natural to concentrate on only one thing at a time.

True ! Thats why I wish I get uninterrupted 3 -4 hours a day when I can sit and concentrate on wrtiting an article a day....I know that can never happen since there are a dozen odd things that needs to be done ! :dry:

So, how much stuff can you write in those 3-4 hours. For me, when I write for my site, I find a topic, wirte the article, post it and do some marketing. All that takes about 1.5 hours. So, that's possible for me to write two in a day pretty easily.
There are some excellent writers who are able to give complete attention and write 2 or 3 articles a day, all brilliant stuff ! But that is a very rare thing since they do only that and have become veterans at it. For most others it is a balancing act doing house work and other related chores, attending to a job and spend whatever time we get to write articles, so writing an article per week is the best I can do...I wish I could write at least an article a day if not more !

I think mnay of us fall in the second category. I am sure you too do the same - look after the house and be active in writing articles as well. So, it is natural to concentrate on only one thing at a time.

True ! Thats why I wish I get uninterrupted 3 -4 hours a day when I can sit and concentrate on wrtiting an article a day....I know that can never happen since there are a dozen odd things that needs to be done ! :dry:

So, how much stuff can you write in those 3-4 hours. For me, when I write for my site, I find a topic, wirte the article, post it and do some marketing. All that takes about 1.5 hours. So, that's possible for me to write two in a day pretty easily.

Two articles in a day is good ! I may write 2000 - 3000 words at the most in 3 hours because I keep getting ideas and I keep deleting and adding on as I write which takes time... Very rarely I finish an article at one sitting !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Two articles in a day is good ! I may write 2000 - 3000 words at the most in 3 hours because I keep getting ideas and I keep deleting and adding on as I write which takes time... Very rarely I finish an article at one sitting !

Writing an article of 2000 - 3000 words in 3 hours is no mean a task. Its an achievement. If that's your capacity why bother about writing more than 2 or 3 articles in a day.

Exactly ......it is a matter of time that one is able to put into the work. I have done it once for a client, written 3 articles on totally different subjects and all between 800-900 words. But that was only once I could do it. I would not do it again because it puts a lot of strain on my other work and more importantly my household chores and my son's homework etc., my translation assignments so have not been able to repeat the feat! So I prefer to do it one at a time and give justice to it properly.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly ......it is a matter of time that one is able to put into the work. I have done it once for a client, written 3 articles on totally different subjects and all between 800-900 words. But that was only once I could do it. I would not do it again because it puts a lot of strain on my other work and more importantly my household chores and my son's homework etc., my translation assignments so have not been able to repeat the feat! So I prefer to do it one at a time and give justice to it properly.

Hmmm.. Seems like still lot to be learned from you all.. Such talented pool here..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Hmmm.. Seems like still lot to be learned from you all.. Such talented pool here..

Well, a person does do what is thrown in his way. Speaking for myself personally, if I did not have to all the requisite duties which I have taken upon as a commitment, I would give anything to simply put my legs and lounge on a couch watching all my favorite movies! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, a person does do what is thrown in his way. Speaking for myself personally, if I did not have to all the requisite duties which I have taken upon as a commitment, I would give anything to simply put my legs and lounge on a couch watching all my favorite movies! :laugh:

So true Kalyani.. Very nice thought.. Its all about how we set our priorities... and how we enjoy our work.. good going..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

I love to sleep and then with a fresh mind, I make research on subjects and most of the times my writings are based on very subjective matters, like it in my blog all are from my own experiences and here from current politico economic situation though I prefer to delete political characters. It is a subjective matter as to how many writings do you want to write, I used to write article when I am on tour as it gives me immense pleasure to write within natural environments, during my student career I love to go to isolated places and write something, and enjoy the loneliness, now with less time it is always preferable for me to write while on a long tour.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I guess it also depends on what you write. If the topic is your favorite one or you know much about it and need little or no research, you can write more. When I used to write for a client for bike and two-wheelers, I was surprised to find myself finishing a 300+ word article from scratch until sending it as an attachment thorugh mail in 15 minutes flat. I didn't believe I wrote that much in so less time. Thoughts were flowing and everything happened at lightening speed.
I normally write only those topics that interest me since I am unable to work up interest on others. However, when we had the contest here with given topics it was really nice to write on varied subjects since you got to learn many new subjects which also broadened my line of activity later. I do hpe we have such contests whhere we are given a target which is far more motivating since I personally work better when I am under pressure !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.