The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Traveling from Siliguri/New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling can be a beautiful experience. On the way you can see tea gardens, forests, deep valleys, trees on top of hills, floating clouds under you. Better to hire a small vehicle like Tata Sumo for this purpose. Travelling by toy train may be a good experience too but it takes too long a time to reach Darjeeling(about six hours). The distance from Siliguri is about 75 km. Public transport system is rather poor. If you wish to travel down by bus better be in time at the bus stop otherwise you may be stranded.
Padmaja Naidu Zoo has rare Himalayan animals. The mountaineering Institute provides a mine of knowledge about mountains and particularly the Everest. The equipment used by the first Everest conquerors are kept in the museum.

Though it takes more time to reach Darjeeling, I preferred Toy train because it allowed me to enjoy the scenario leisurely. And those glimpses are still alive in my heart, though i had gone to Darjeeling years ago.
The place looks so amazingly beautiful in pictures, can imagine how it would be when you actually visit it...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10887]}

Really a heart stealing scenario. I had seen Darjeeling years ago. This photo had sent me to nostalgia.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Traveling from Siliguri/New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling can be a beautiful experience. On the way you can see tea gardens, forests, deep valleys, trees on top of hills, floating clouds under you. Better to hire a small vehicle like Tata Sumo for this purpose. Travelling by toy train may be a good experience too but it takes too long a time to reach Darjeeling(about six hours). The distance from Siliguri is about 75 km. Public transport system is rather poor. If you wish to travel down by bus better be in time at the bus stop otherwise you may be stranded.
Padmaja Naidu Zoo has rare Himalayan animals. The mountaineering Institute provides a mine of knowledge about mountains and particularly the Everest. The equipment used by the first Everest conquerors are kept in the museum.

Though it takes more time to reach Darjeeling, I preferred Toy train because it allowed me to enjoy the scenario leisurely. And those glimpses are still alive in my heart, though i had gone to Darjeeling years ago.

I have visited Darjeeling by toy train, Jonga, Sumo, Bus service and it is lot of fun. Sikkim along Teesta river is joy of a different kind. People are so friendly that you do not want to come back.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I went to Sikkim this year. I have seen the roads are constructed by the military men. Mountains were broken down. Many animals were lying on the half constructed roads. Trees were cut down. There was enough pollution in the air.
The place looks so amazingly beautiful in pictures, can imagine how it would be when you actually visit it...

This place looks like somewhere in Sikkim, I have some photos of Sikkim that I will post later.

This place looks like somewhere in Sikkim, I have some photos of Sikkim that I will post later.

It could be ! Sikikim looks a little like Bhutan which is also a lovely place and difficult to reach because it is not well connected at all...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The above picture is most probably taken from Sikkim. With the approach of sun light, Sikkim looks like this. It is nearby Manipal.
Still I never visited Darjeeling.

Really amazing and superb picture.

Be positive

It could be ! Sikikim looks a little like Bhutan which is also a lovely place and difficult to reach because it is not well connected at all...

I had been to Thimphu the capital of Bhutan, incidentally the former king of Bhutan Jigme Dorji was class-fellow of my father at Agricultural engg. college of Naini and offered him directorship of his country deptt of agriculture. But my father refused it for personal reasons. It's a friendly country though still very orthodox and strict about its environmental rules. It's not that difficult to reach besides not much paper work to do to go to Bhutan.

Friends Bhutan is far away. You must go to Peling which is there in Sikkim. It is very beautiful and at much higher altitude than Gangtok.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.