Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dark colored veggies themselves make an artistic looking salad.if one can add a bit of dressing, it creates that yummy feeling. Of course dark colored veggies and leafy veggies are equally nutritious.

Yes thats true ! Purple cabbages,greens and Beet roots are all very decorative and healthy too...when they are combined with carrots,capsicums ,tomatoes and lettuce it is riot of color,health and taste ! You can go on eating any amount of them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dark colored veggies themselves make an artistic looking salad.if one can add a bit of dressing, it creates that yummy feeling. Of course dark colored veggies and leafy veggies are equally nutritious.

Yes thats true ! Purple cabbages,greens and Beet roots are all very decorative and healthy too...when they are combined with carrots,capsicums ,tomatoes and lettuce it is riot of color,health and taste ! You can go on eating any amount of them..

Even the first visual you attached depicting a an artist's palette is a best example for how dark colored veggies and leafy veggies will make a healthy salad.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
We tend to think that salads are low caloried diet but it need not be so.. I am giving a link here which helps you make a salad that is light and not loaded with calories , there is a calorie counter as well...

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/build-a-salad/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
We tend to think that salads are low caloried diet but it need not be so.. I am giving a link here which helps you make a salad that is light and not loaded with calories , there is a calorie counter as well...

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/build-a-salad/

True...if we add too much high-calorie dressing, salads will lose its purpose! The link is really helpful! Thank you!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Salad is very important part of our meal. Our food palate is incomplete without salad. It is good for health.
Salad is very important part of our meal. Our food palate is incomplete without salad. It is good for health.

True. If these healthy salads are dressed up suitably and creatively, they will ignite appetite in a big way.

True. If these healthy salads are dressed up suitably and creatively, they will ignite appetite in a big way.

Soups and Salads are very healthy and with some forethought and imagination can become the main course. It is also light on our digestive system while providing the needed nutrients..

Soups and Salads are very healthy and with some forethought and imagination can become the main course. It is also light on our digestive system while providing the needed nutrients..

During night, I make a simple salad and make it as my meal. During nights we do less work. Which is why I prefer a salad that will be easily digested. And in the morning i'll be very active.

During night, I make a simple salad and make it as my meal. During nights we do less work. Which is why I prefer a salad that will be easily digested. And in the morning i'll be very active.

I too normally have salads or a sandwich for dinner ....Occassionally Chapathis and vegetable , no rice at night ! However, I have seen my uncles eating Boiled rice three times a day and remaining fit even now when they are in their late seventies ...I guess it depends also on the life style..

I too normally have salads or a sandwich for dinner ....Occassionally Chapathis and vegetable , no rice at night ! However, I have seen my uncles eating Boiled rice three times a day and remaining fit even now when they are in their late seventies ...I guess it depends also on the life style..

Yes. I agree. A healthy life style and a bit of physical work out will make a big difference. People like your uncles eat more and work more. That's the secret of their healthy life..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.