Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, I never liked Bitter Ground because of it's taste, but I eat it regularly!

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
Well, I never liked Bitter Ground because of it's taste, but I eat it regularly!

Whether you like it or not, you are eating Bitter gourd. That's better than not eating at all. Because you are eating it regularly, you will certainly be benefited by its nutritional and medicinal properties.
Stuffed botter gourd is very tasty, it can be stuffed with either peanut masala , mashed spiced potatoes or even mince meat and it tastes great...Bitter gourd can be made into pickles as well which is also very tasty !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Stuffed botter gourd is very tasty, it can be stuffed with either peanut masala , mashed spiced potatoes or even mince meat and it tastes great...Bitter gourd can be made into pickles as well which is also very tasty !

Bitter gourd pickles is something new for me.
Here is the method to prepare bitter gourd. Pachchadi.
My wife noted this preparation from a website . She has forgotten the name of the site. She adds tamarind also

Ingredients

3/4 cup Finely chopped bitter gourd
1/2 cup Finely chopped red onion
3/4 cup Grated coconut
1 tablespoon Chopped green chili
3 tablespoon Cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Black gram/Urad dal
1 teaspoon Raw rice
1/2 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin
7-8 Curry leaves
1/2 cup Water
1 1/4 cup Beaten curd
Salt to taste
Directions
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and stir fry chopped bitter gourd and onion. Set aside. Beat grated coconut and chopped green chilies in a mixer to blend well.
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add mustard and let splutter. Then add black gram, raw rice, Jeera and curry leaves. Stir for half a minute. Add the coconut-chili mixture to it and stir for 1-2 minutes until a fine coconutty aroma starts coming.
Then add the bitter gourd- onion mixture, pour water and let cook. When water starts boiling add beaten curd and salt, stir well and turn off the flame. Serve with steamed rice.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

My wife noted this preparation from a website . She has forgotten the name of the site. She adds tamarind also

Ingredients

3/4 cup Grated coconut
3 tablespoon Cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Raw rice
1/2 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin
7-8 Curry leaves
1/2 cup Water
1 1/4 cup Beaten curd
Salt to taste
Directions
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and stir fry chopped bitter gourd and onion. Set aside. Beat grated coconut and chopped green chilies in a mixer to blend well.
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add mustard and let splutter. Then add black gram, raw rice, Jeera and curry leaves. Stir for half a minute. Add the coconut-chili mixture to it and stir for 1-2 minutes until a fine coconutty aroma starts coming.
Then add the bitter gourd- onion mixture, pour water and let cook. When water starts boiling add beaten curd and salt, stir well and turn off the flame. Serve with steamed rice.

I can see that the recipe is mouth watering , will definitely try it out ! Thanks a lot :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ingredients

3/4 cup Grated coconut
3 tablespoon Cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Raw rice
1/2 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin
7-8 Curry leaves
1/2 cup Water
1 1/4 cup Beaten curd
Salt to taste
Directions

I can see that the recipe is mouth watering , will definitely try it out ! Thanks a lot :)

You are welcome. My wife adds a bit of jaggery ocasionally. Other changes also you can consider to suit your taste

Ingredients

3/4 cup Grated coconut
3 tablespoon Cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Raw rice
1/2 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin
7-8 Curry leaves
1/2 cup Water
1 1/4 cup Beaten curd
Salt to taste
Directions

Wow sir that's great i definitely told my to make it for me......
It is also very easy yo grow bitter gourd at home, one can grow it in pots and since it is a creeper you can trail it along sticks or a compound wall.I have grwon it many times .For those who have no place, it can be grown in a balcony or a terrace.The only requirement is sunlight and water.

It is also very easy yo grow bitter gourd at home, one can grow it in pots and since it is a creeper you can trail it along sticks or a compound wall.I have grwon it many times .For those who have no place, it can be grown in a balcony or a terrace.The only requirement is sunlight and water.

I too have grown bitter gourds at home a number of times but haven't done so for last few years. Now that you mentioned it, I will try again this year.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.