I prefer to read books than watching TV. It was not always like this. I never read a book outside of school course before XIIth. But one day I was getting bored because there was no electricity. There was nothing else to do, so I started reading Arundhati Roy's book "The God of Small Things". I was really touched by the story. This book introduced me to the world of knowledge and wisdom of books.

I want to know how many of you read books. And which book is your favorite.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I read a lot , in fact I am reading some book or the other every single day...Before I sleep I read a few pages and now I cannot sleep without reading LOL ...I love all kinds of books - adventure, historical, suspense, romance ! just now I am reading a book written by Owen Sela who has written very few books mainly set in the holocaust in Germany and Eastern block of Europe and its aftermath ...The book that I am reading now is named Triple Factor , very interesting !
By the way I too have read God of small things and liked it a lot ... A Suitable Boy written by Vikram Seth too is a marvelous book - absorbing in its details ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Book reading has become a passion for me. This habit I have inherited from my father, a voracious reader and a proud owner of a huge book collection.. Later I added my own collection to the book collection. I read a variety of Books authored by Khushwant singh to Jane Austen to H.G Wells to Norman Vincent Peale.
I read a lot , in fact I am reading some book or the other every single day...Before I sleep I read a few pages and now I cannot sleep without reading LOL ...I love all kinds of books - adventure, historical, suspense, romance ! just now I am reading a book written by Owen Sela who has written very few books mainly set in the holocaust in Germany and Eastern block of Europe and its aftermath ...The book that I am reading now is named Triple Factor , very interesting !
By the way I too have read God of small things and liked it a lot ... A Suitable Boy written by Vikram Seth too is a marvelous book - absorbing in its details ..

I haven't read A Suitable Boy written by Vikram Seth, but I will definitely read it once I could get my hands on it. I have heard many good reviews about it.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I like to read all sorts of books and have read probably hundreds of books right from Enid Blyton to Ayn Rand! But I like to read more of thriller stuff and spy fiction especially about the cold war and World War II. My favorite writers are John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, Jeffrey Archer, Alistair Maclean, Leon Uris, David Baldacci etc. But my all-time favorites are Ayn Rand and P. G. Wodehouse!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like to read all sorts of books and have read probably hundreds of books right from Enid Blyton to Ayn Rand! But I like to read more of thriller stuff and spy fiction especially about the cold war and World War II. My favorite writers are John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, Jeffrey Archer, Alistair Maclean, Leon Uris, David Baldacci etc. But my all-time favorites are Ayn Rand and P. G. Wodehouse!

Yes I also like Ayn Rand. I read her book "We the living". She was deeply influenced by the effects of Russian Communism. She was the most outspoken and influential writer to speak against communism.
They say like choosing a good friend, one should select a book that goes in tune with one's tastes. Being an artist my first choice is Biographies and auto biographies of great artists like Leonardo da Vinci , Renoir, Rembrandt to name a few. I treat a good book as a guide, mentor and philosopher.
They say like choosing a good friend, one should select a book that goes in tune with one's tastes. Being an artist my first choice is Biographies and auto biographies of great artists like Leonardo da Vinci , Renoir, Rembrandt to name a few. I treat a good book as a guide, mentor and philosopher.

Yes books could become your best friends once you start reading them. A book could answer your questions or find a solution to your problems. You just have to look for it.

Yes books could become your best friends once you start reading them. A book could answer your questions or find a solution to your problems. You just have to look for it.

Famous writer John Ruskin aptly describes a good book as a "Book of all time" inhis book Sesame and lilies. By this it implies that a book should become an integral part of your life. For this I keep a copy of Geeta in my book shelf.

Famous writer John Ruskin aptly describes a good book as a "Book of all time" inhis book Sesame and lilies. By this it implies that a book should become an integral part of your life. For this I keep a copy of Geeta in my book shelf.

Yes some books have the power to change your whole perspective on life. Some books could influence a person very deeply.

Yes some books have the power to change your whole perspective on life. Some books could influence a person very deeply.

We know how the story of Harishchandra made an impact on Mahatma Gandhi's life. That's the power of a good book.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.