Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They say like choosing a good friend, one should select a book that goes in tune with one's tastes. Being an artist my first choice is Biographies and auto biographies of great artists like Leonardo da Vinci , Renoir, Rembrandt to name a few. I treat a good book as a guide, mentor and philosopher.

Yes books could become your best friends once you start reading them. A book could answer your questions or find a solution to your problems. You just have to look for it.

Famous writer John Ruskin aptly describes a good book as a "Book of all time" inhis book Sesame and lilies. By this it implies that a book should become an integral part of your life. For this I keep a copy of Geeta in my book shelf.

Yes some books have the power to change your whole perspective on life. Some books could influence a person very deeply.

We know how the story of Harishchandra made an impact on Mahatma Gandhi's life. That's the power of a good book.

Another book that made a profound impact on Mahatma Gandhi was john Ruskin's "Unto This Last". The focus of that book was the nature of inequality in society.
Techies, who were the source of inspiration for many millions were inspired by the Books. For example, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO Facebook frequently reads “ Ender’s game” written by Orson Scott Card.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was inspired by ‘Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins.
Bill Gates CEO finds inspiration from repeated reading of the Book, “ The catcher in the Rye.” And the list goes on
I like to read all sorts of books and have read probably hundreds of books right from Enid Blyton to Ayn Rand! But I like to read more of thriller stuff and spy fiction especially about the cold war and World War II. My favorite writers are John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, Jeffrey Archer, Alistair Maclean, Leon Uris, David Baldacci etc. But my all-time favorites are Ayn Rand and P. G. Wodehouse!

Yes I also like Ayn Rand. I read her book "We the living". She was deeply influenced by the effects of Russian Communism. She was the most outspoken and influential writer to speak against communism.

She was deeply influenced by communism is because she was born in USSR and she had to flee from her country of birth and take refuge in USA. We The Living is a very good narrative on what communism implies, you should also read her Atlas Shrugged, a commentary on capitalism, it is very very good!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I like to read all sorts of books and have read probably hundreds of books right from Enid Blyton to Ayn Rand! But I like to read more of thriller stuff and spy fiction especially about the cold war and World War II. My favorite writers are John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, Jeffrey Archer, Alistair Maclean, Leon Uris, David Baldacci etc. But my all-time favorites are Ayn Rand and P. G. Wodehouse!

Yes I also like Ayn Rand. I read her book "We the living". She was deeply influenced by the effects of Russian Communism. She was the most outspoken and influential writer to speak against communism.

She was deeply influenced by communism is because she was born in USSR and she had to flee from her country of birth and take refuge in USA. We The Living is a very good narrative on what communism implies, you should also read her Atlas Shrugged, a commentary on capitalism, it is very very good!

Yes I wanted to read Atlas Shrugged but I cannot find it in my local library. But I will read it one day. It one of the books on my must-read list.
They say like choosing a good friend, one should select a book that goes in tune with one's tastes. Being an artist my first choice is Biographies and auto biographies of great artists like Leonardo da Vinci , Renoir, Rembrandt to name a few. I treat a good book as a guide, mentor and philosopher.

Yes books could become your best friends once you start reading them. A book could answer your questions or find a solution to your problems. You just have to look for it.

Famous writer John Ruskin aptly describes a good book as a "Book of all time" inhis book Sesame and lilies. By this it implies that a book should become an integral part of your life. For this I keep a copy of Geeta in my book shelf.

Yes some books have the power to change your whole perspective on life. Some books could influence a person very deeply.

We know how the story of Harishchandra made an impact on Mahatma Gandhi's life. That's the power of a good book.

Another book that made a profound impact on Mahatma Gandhi was john Ruskin's "Unto This Last". The focus of that book was the nature of inequality in society.

And Mahatma Gandhi's, My experiments with truth has influenced many from Obama to Malala to Dalailama.

Yes I wanted to read Atlas Shrugged but I cannot find it in my local library. But I will read it one day. It one of the books on my must-read list.

Oh Okay! But I seriously suggest you buy a copy for your collection, you read it once, you will like to read it again and again! Nowadays you get copies of it online also, I think Infibeam.com is the cheapest source for books and is reliable too.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh Okay! But I seriously suggest you buy a copy for your collection, you read it once, you will like to read it again and again! Nowadays you get copies of it online also, I think Infibeam.com is the cheapest source for books and is reliable too.

I'll try to get a paperback edition. I don't like to read books on computer. It may be convenient but a physical book still rules. Searching for a book is a kind of adventure that I like.

I'll try to get a paperback edition. I don't like to read books on computer. It may be convenient but a physical book still rules. Searching for a book is a kind of adventure that I like.

True. Reading an E book on the computer is strenuous. But with an E reader and I pad, I’m able to reduce the strain on my eyes considerably. Give a try Many apps are available on the net.

True. Reading an E book on the computer is strenuous. But with an E reader and I pad, I’m able to reduce the strain on my eyes considerably. Give a try Many apps are available on the net.

Yes I have tried to read ebooks on my mobile. It is very convenient. You could start reading anywhere during any free time you get. But I don't know what it is but a physical book has more allure to it.

Yes I have tried to read ebooks on my mobile. It is very convenient. You could start reading anywhere during any free time you get. But I don't know what it is but a physical book has more allure to it.

What I suggested is about a way to satiate the thirst of reading. Of course a physical book is altogether a different proposition.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.