Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ghosts and sspirits have always fascinated people even when they do not believe about them. Many of the films based on ghostly activities have become classics like Rebecca, The Haunting,Dracula etc ...sinmilarly films like Bees Saal baad, Woh Kaun thi , Gumnaam too have become all time favorites...The haunting mansions in which these films have been filmed cast their own mystery to the story ..

Yes, there was this series Fear Files aired on Zee Tv which was a huge success. Some of the episodes were scary and were based on true incidents. But some movies fall flat in terms of weak story line.

Apart from weak story line what irritates me most while watching ghost movies and serials is the over dramatic acting they come up with. If we watch too much of Indian ghost films and serials, we might end up thinking that all female ghost have long unkempt hairs and applies lots of kaajal. But in reality, people who have experienced a spooky feeling in haunted places says that it is more subtle type.

Yes very true, afterall it is the imagination of the film director and the script writer in ghost movies that is predominant...I too have heard people who claim they have experienced such feelings saying that at times it is just a rustle or apparition like a smoke and you are left wondering whether you were imagining things or was it real ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ghosts and sspirits have always fascinated people even when they do not believe about them. Many of the films based on ghostly activities have become classics like Rebecca, The Haunting,Dracula etc ...sinmilarly films like Bees Saal baad, Woh Kaun thi , Gumnaam too have become all time favorites...The haunting mansions in which these films have been filmed cast their own mystery to the story ..

Yes, there was this series Fear Files aired on Zee Tv which was a huge success. Some of the episodes were scary and were based on true incidents. But some movies fall flat in terms of weak story line.

Apart from weak story line what irritates me most while watching ghost movies and serials is the over dramatic acting they come up with. If we watch too much of Indian ghost films and serials, we might end up thinking that all female ghost have long unkempt hairs and applies lots of kaajal. But in reality, people who have experienced a spooky feeling in haunted places says that it is more subtle type.

Yes very true, afterall it is the imagination of the film director and the script writer in ghost movies that is predominant...I too have heard people who claim they have experienced such feelings saying that at times it is just a rustle or apparition like a smoke and you are left wondering whether you were imagining things or was it real ?

With his high imagination , Biren Nag converted the original Hounds of Basker villes in to a typical Indian ghost movie, which earned him The Best director award from Filmfare, though he was a debutante.

Very true...the kind of make-up a ghost wears in such horror serials is what makes it irritating..the actual experience is subtle. But few episodes in Fear files worth watching..personally I liked them. Unlike Zee horror (aired long ago) show where ghosts looked scary more with their unreal make-up.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Very true...the kind of make-up a ghost wears in such horror serials is what makes it irritating..the actual experience is subtle. But few episodes in Fear files worth watching..personally I liked them. Unlike Zee horror (aired long ago) show where ghosts looked scary more with their unreal make-up.

There is no dearth of such raw heads who call themselves as Directors and script writers. And also there is no dearth of raw heads in the viewers who patronize such movies or shows. They were fed with with foolish notions like existence of ghosts which have neither rationale nor logic. Till then this circle rotates.

Ha ha ha! :laugh: and don't forget the all-essential thing for all the females ghosts and ghouls, the lighted candle they all have to carry! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is no dearth of such raw heads who call themselves as Directors and script writers. And also there is no dearth of raw heads in the viewers who patronize such movies or shows. They were fed with with foolish notions like existence of ghosts which have neither rationale nor logic. Till then this circle rotates.

Not all such shows are fake..Discovery channel i believe used to air a show called most haunted places in America..do you think it was foolish to watch any show on such a channel... believing in ghost is just like believing or denying the presence of God and his existence...there is no scientific proof to validate God's presence. Also, certain things are beyond science and above proof

Not all such shows are fake..Discovery channel i believe used to air a show called most haunted places in America..do you think it was foolish to watch any show on such a channel... believing in ghost is just like believing or denying the presence of God and his existence...there is no scientific proof to validate God's presence. Also, certain things are beyond science and above proof

I have added this point that simply because there is no scientific evidence that their existence is denied in my earlier posts. Please have a look
That is true; there is no scientific proof regarding existence of God and ghost. Depending on our mental state and discretion we are free to either believe in it or not. What I believe is that they are some sort of consciousness beyond the limitations of our mind and hence formless. But for our convenience we assign them some form (because we cannot imagine anything without a form) and create varieties of characters and stories to entertain the lighter moments of our life.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
That is true; there is no scientific proof regarding existence of God and ghost. Depending on our mental state and discretion we are free to either believe in it or not. What I believe is that they are some sort of consciousness beyond the limitations of our mind and hence formless. But for our convenience we assign them some form (because we cannot imagine anything without a form) and create varieties of characters and stories to entertain the lighter moments of our life.

I agree with you. In this vast universe, there are many things hidden . With the present human knowledge, we may not be in a position to establish the existence of so many. Air is invisible. But we feel it. Can we deny air's existence? Similarly, many things and about their existence may be proved over a period.
Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A

Absolutely...true..agree with you with what you said...//because we cannot imagine anything without a form//. It is on our mental bearing that we choose to believe or not in things that we can't see. Moreover..there are so many questions that are still unanswered by science---such as why do we dream?But we still dream though there is no proof to show it..certain dreams come true..but no proof to show this too.

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.