Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are so many houses ,palaces ,parks and open spaces supposedly haunted by lost ? evil? spirits...One can never be sure whether to believe this or not, whether this is just hallucinations or fertile imaginations on the part of an individual. Some believe because everyone believes...
Here is a list of well known places which are supposed to be haunted, go through this interesting article , you might have visited some of these places, if so do you have any such experience to share ?
http://www.happytrips.com/things-to-do/graveyard-shiftthe-spookiest-places-in-india/as23032642.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

True. I visited Ramoji film city, Hyderabad.. Irrespective of the places, such rumours and tricks are fabricated by the Realtors, who want to prevent buyers of these places. As you said, it becomes belief over a period, People believe as others believed. Anyhow I don't believe them

People don't believe in such things until it happens with them. But yes, sometimes gossip mongers spread such rumours to benefit out of it.

Sometimes a small incident gets blown out of proportion and becomes a fact although there is nothing to substantiate it ....We in Mangalore worship ghosts and Bhootharadhane , which means ghost worship is part of our tradition and cultute . All these Ghosts namely Kalkuda, Koti Channaya, Pamjurli are some of the well known ghosts and in my ancestral home we have a grand celebration every year during summer months after the harbest to thank them for having taken care of the fields and so on....I dont say I believe in it but would not want to completely do away with it because I believe that my ancestors were intelligent in their own way and probably had some reason to carry on this tradition, ghost or not !

Certainly, this is something entirely new..I didn't know that in your culture ghosts are worshiped. Yes, sometimes we do believe in ghost and related entities more because of rumour mongers...they fabricate stories which makes you believe on them.

That is not the case here in Mangalore, we have folklores written about them and they are bth respected and feared by the agricultural community since they are supposed to favor those who work hard... :huh:

I can understand the beliefs of farmers. Bot even the educated masses too believe about these,. That's deplorable. As you said in the tread some believed. Others too believe it. I say its a herd mentality.

In our own case it is more a case of keeping the unique tradition going since there is a lot more involved esp the beliefs of the family elders and almost all communities in Mangalore believe in this and have their own family ghosts. No matter how educated people are they still make time to attend the day meant for Bhootaaradhane and take part in it...

Bhootaradhana ? A strange custom which i heard for the fist time. This custom is not prevalent in AP',Bhooth or ghost symbolize evil here.
There are so many houses ,palaces ,parks and open spaces supposedly haunted by lost ? evil? spirits...One can never be sure whether to believe this or not, whether this is just hallucinations or fertile imaginations on the part of an individual. Some believe because everyone believes...
Here is a list of well known places which are supposed to be haunted, go through this interesting article , you might have visited some of these places, if so do you have any such experience to share ?
http://www.happytrips.com/things-to-do/graveyard-shiftthe-spookiest-places-in-india/as23032642.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

True. I visited Ramoji film city, Hyderabad.. Irrespective of the places, such rumours and tricks are fabricated by the Realtors, who want to prevent buyers of these places. As you said, it becomes belief over a period, People believe as others believed. Anyhow I don't believe them

People don't believe in such things until it happens with them. But yes, sometimes gossip mongers spread such rumours to benefit out of it.

Sometimes a small incident gets blown out of proportion and becomes a fact although there is nothing to substantiate it ....We in Mangalore worship ghosts and Bhootharadhane , which means ghost worship is part of our tradition and cultute . All these Ghosts namely Kalkuda, Koti Channaya, Pamjurli are some of the well known ghosts and in my ancestral home we have a grand celebration every year during summer months after the harbest to thank them for having taken care of the fields and so on....I dont say I believe in it but would not want to completely do away with it because I believe that my ancestors were intelligent in their own way and probably had some reason to carry on this tradition, ghost or not !

Certainly, this is something entirely new..I didn't know that in your culture ghosts are worshiped. Yes, sometimes we do believe in ghost and related entities more because of rumour mongers...they fabricate stories which makes you believe on them.

That is not the case here in Mangalore, we have folklores written about them and they are bth respected and feared by the agricultural community since they are supposed to favor those who work hard... :huh:

I can understand the beliefs of farmers. Bot even the educated masses too believe about these,. That's deplorable. As you said in the tread some believed. Others too believe it. I say its a herd mentality.

In our own case it is more a case of keeping the unique tradition going since there is a lot more involved esp the beliefs of the family elders and almost all communities in Mangalore believe in this and have their own family ghosts. No matter how educated people are they still make time to attend the day meant for Bhootaaradhane and take part in it...

Bhootaradhana ? A strange custom which i heard for the fist time. This custom is not prevalent in AP',Bhooth or ghost symbolize evil here.

It is unique to South Kanara district only in and around Mangalore and this has been there for centuries here like other unique customs which are all inter linked namely Bayalata and Kambla( Bull racing in wet fields) ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

It is unique to South Kanara district only in and around Mangalore and this has been there for centuries here like other unique customs which are all inter linked namely Bayalata and Kambla( Bull racing in wet fields) ...

Very unique. It's due to this thread I'm able to know beliefs and customs of other places.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

I lived in a haunted house for a day. Still I'm I'm one piece.

Yes, living in a haunted place doesn't kill anyone..this i am saying out of experience, but it can be scary.

Those who are not scared will not care for anything. It was a bet of Rs.500 and i won it hands down

A person, any person who is not able to gauze any presence unseen things/spirits around..certainly for them going to any haunted place is not a big deal. However, some of us are cursed to feel such things and hence the degree of fright increases. So certainly, if I know that a place is haunted for sure, I won't go there, no matter how big the prize amount is.

That's because as you said you are scared. I don't believe in these myths. That's why i dont ferar

Yes, now let us share our experiences if any. I have captured many photographs of orbs /ghost lights moving as well. In fact I feel there are spirits and souls all around us..and mostly in crowded places.

it may be a fact for you. For me its a myth. I didn't capture photos because its a waste of time.

This thread is about sharing our experiences if any as mentioned by Usha..the thread initiator. It is completely understandable that it is myth for you but since the thread specifically asked for our experience I have done so. To believe in ghost or not is again a personal choice and is debatable.

Expressing my opinion itself is sharing. If you above, my response was acknowledged with a Than you.

Yes, we are all entitled to our belief and our views and opinion..fear of going into a debate and to steer the discussion to a more fruitful one, I had to re-iterate the intention and agenda of this thread. I have learned this from you Sir. Not to digress from the main topic.

The basic purpose if forum is exchange of views without deviating from the thread. See how many threads were locked within these 4 days. Because, members not only deviated but also stretched it as if to get a few points. I support the the moderators in this regard

Some of the topics are also locked because, the purpose is served, so there is nothing more to discuss. Also, like you have said..it is because of such threads I came to know about a peculiar tradition of worshiping and paying respect to ghosts considering they were learned.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I lived in a haunted house for a day. Still I'm I'm one piece.

Yes, living in a haunted place doesn't kill anyone..this i am saying out of experience, but it can be scary.

Those who are not scared will not care for anything. It was a bet of Rs.500 and i won it hands down

A person, any person who is not able to gauze any presence unseen things/spirits around..certainly for them going to any haunted place is not a big deal. However, some of us are cursed to feel such things and hence the degree of fright increases. So certainly, if I know that a place is haunted for sure, I won't go there, no matter how big the prize amount is.

That's because as you said you are scared. I don't believe in these myths. That's why i dont ferar

Yes, now let us share our experiences if any. I have captured many photographs of orbs /ghost lights moving as well. In fact I feel there are spirits and souls all around us..and mostly in crowded places.

it may be a fact for you. For me its a myth. I didn't capture photos because its a waste of time.

This thread is about sharing our experiences if any as mentioned by Usha..the thread initiator. It is completely understandable that it is myth for you but since the thread specifically asked for our experience I have done so. To believe in ghost or not is again a personal choice and is debatable.

Expressing my opinion itself is sharing. If you above, my response was acknowledged with a Than you.

Yes, we are all entitled to our belief and our views and opinion..fear of going into a debate and to steer the discussion to a more fruitful one, I had to re-iterate the intention and agenda of this thread. I have learned this from you Sir. Not to digress from the main topic.

The basic purpose if forum is exchange of views without deviating from the thread. See how many threads were locked within these 4 days. Because, members not only deviated but also stretched it as if to get a few points. I support the the moderators in this regard

Some of the topics are also locked because, the purpose is served, so there is nothing more to discuss. Also, like you have said..it is because of such threads I came to know about a peculiar tradition of worshiping and paying respect to ghosts considering they were learned.

True. That's exactly the purpose of forums. During exchange of views, members accumulate tons of knowledge.
Calling a particular place Haunted also makes sure that no one buys it - this is what happened here a couple of years ago.There was a beautiful estate with a house on top of a hilly area called Blueberry hills and the place was supposed to be haunted and was gong dirt cheap.One of the developers bought the property and had a lot of poojas done to rid of the ghost?? and now has built apartment blocks and so far there is no news of any ghostly activities ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Calling a particular place Haunted also makes sure that no one buys it - this is what happened here a couple of years ago.There was a beautiful estate with a house on top of a hilly area called Blueberry hills and the place was supposed to be haunted and was gong dirt cheap.One of the developers bought the property and had a lot of poojas done to rid of the ghost?? and now has built apartment blocks and so far there is no news of any ghostly activities ..

True. As I said earlier spreading the rumors about ghosts is the trick played by realtors to prevent other people from buying it. Ultimately the realtors who spread these rumor themselves buy and develop.

Yes, this is also a fact and an old age trick that people play in order to buy a piece of land or an estate at a cheap price by fabricating untrue stories about the place.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, this is also a fact and an old age trick that people play in order to buy a piece of land or an estate at a cheap price by fabricating untrue stories about the place.

This trick is very much prevalent in AP . Many people including realtors turn away believing these rumors. And that's exactly what the realtors want.
Ghosts and sspirits have always fascinated people even when they do not believe about them. Many of the films based on ghostly activities have become classics like Rebecca, The Haunting,Dracula etc ...sinmilarly films like Bees Saal baad, Woh Kaun thi , Gumnaam too have become all time favorites...The haunting mansions in which these films have been filmed cast their own mystery to the story ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.