Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:

Some of the rituals are harmless but some can be dangerous to life. I really dread the hooking rituals. I had once read in the reader digest that hooking ritual was practised among the red indians in earlier time to select the most worthy warriors from among the grown up boys. Didn't know that it is taking place in India too. 

Most of these are dangerous and related to religion. You may do anything in name of religion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Some of the rituals are harmless but some can be dangerous to life. I really dread the hooking rituals. I had once read in the reader digest that hooking ritual was practised among the red indians in earlier time to select the most worthy warriors from among the grown up boys. Didn't know that it is taking place in India too. 

Most of these are dangerous and related to religion. You may do anything in name of religion. 

They are not dangerous for the believer. No fatal deaths are reported in these rituals..

rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:

They are not dangerous for the believer. No fatal deaths are reported in these rituals..

I have seen many such things on TV. Throwing small babies upwards is really very dangerous. There is also a tradition of stone throwing at each other. As people are very orthodox, they would feel that even death or injury in such events is a boon from €God or a blessing in disguise.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I have seen many such things on TV. Throwing small babies upwards is really very dangerous. There is also a tradition of stone throwing at each other. As people are very orthodox, they would feel that even death or injury in such events is a boon from €God or a blessing in disguise.  

Religious beliefs make the devotees and staunch believers to resort to such seemingly dangerous rituals.

In some rituals, like ‘Theyyam’, in Northern Kerala, men in colorful costumes and superhuman make-up become transformed into deities and perform frenzied dances in front of their devotees. It becomes a strange atmosphere consisting dancing deities and reverent devotees in the vibrant background 'chenda melam' (drum beats).  These traditional ritual art forms project the lives and beliefs of the marginalized people and give them some relaxation from their hectic life……... You can reject the superstitious aspects, but appreciate the artistic features.

Beliefs rooted deeply in the Devotees cannot be rejected. What is irrational to others need not be always the belief of the devotees.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.