Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

This concept of garden in a bottle has been there since a very long time in India ...In Mangalore we have a group consisting of Bonsai enthusiasts and Bottle garden growers ...One more article about two successful women in Kerala who have a huge collection of such mini gardens in bottles !

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/terrariums-are-popular-options-for-indoor-gardens/article7662428.ece

Wow, such a lovely work these two women are doing, the picture of their creations is so beautiful, it just shows how much effort and passion is needed to create each and every piece they have grown.

Absolutely ! because it does require constant supervision and in the beginning stages finding the right place becomes a real task ...Here we had a small time exhibition of Bonsai and Bottle gardens and it was amazing ! Some of the creations were stunning !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Awareness and passion together contribute a lot to creativity. Additionally consistency are important in  producing mind boggling artistic creations. And Bottle gardening though not a new concept,, its quite new for  AP. Out of enthusiasm i took it on a trial basis. Let me see how far I succeed in my venture.

Maybe this bottle garden is not a new concept but for me it's absolutely new. @usha manohar I checked the link and felt good to learn about such a concept used as business purpose too. The images are fabulous. Thanks for posting the link. 

shampasaid

The link article published in Hindu is  quite helpful for those who are trying to venture this for the first time. I started it already and trying some alternatives too. I have lot of empty bottles piling up in my flat. I want to utilize for Bottle gardening.

Making bottle garden is a very interesting hobby. The beauty of the bottles increase the beauty of these types of gardens. If we are ready to spend money, we can buy variety of bottles to increase the beauty of our garden. Bottle gardens are very easy to make and very easy to maintain. It is the best way to bring greenery inside our home. Now a days, more people are interested to make such gardens. 

Absolutely, the beauty of the bottle enhances the beauty of the garden. Various shapes and sizes of the bottle adds variety to the garden and if such different bottles arranged in a decorative way then the look of the bottle garden gets uplifted. 

shampasaid

One can start small like one of the neighbor has done using old pickle bottles that are wide, even the narrow ones , in which she has grown plants and arranged them on the window sil. You need not spend much on bottles but can use up whatever is available, even coke and other plastic bottles by cutting the top and widening them ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You are right that there is no need to search for expensive bottles. One can use any kind of bottle and the variety of bottles will definitely add some decorative touch to the garden.   

shampasaid

Bottle gardening is the best way to bring greenery into the home with less expenditure.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.