The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Definitely. I agree with you. Discussions forums enable the member to express his opinion in a free will. I honor every member's opinion, of course while expressing my own opinion. This adds more respect to the forums.

Lopamudra wrote:

I feel we should be respectful towards all our great leaders and remember their contributions. It was a long struggle following which India attained freedom. Be it Gandhiji or Netaji, they did what they thought best for the country. We should acknowledge that and remember only that. Our children learn what we teach them. If we do character analyzing in our minds, our teaching to our next generation is influenced and they, after all these years of independence would, know very little about the real contributions of the great leaders.

In a discussion , it is but natural that all aspects both positive and negative gets highlighted about the topic or person concerned. We cannot make exceptions just because someone was a great leader. In fact bringing out other unknown aspects even if they seem negative to some , make them more human . It is better to be frank and open rather than hide facts, the younger generations have much more access to information than we ever had. If interested they would get all the information they want on the net..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One opinion leads to another. And they in turn take multiple turns and twists. If Mahatma Gandhi's ideals are positive to one member. The same will be viewed in another angle by another member.

It's to be remembered both the opinions of the members. . And both are to be respected.

@ Shampa, you took it as a personal attack, it was not. Sorry if you felt otherwise. It was a general statement after reading all the posts. I feel, again my personal opinion, the great leaders should be remembered for their contributions rather than their personal lives.

@ Usha, I agree that a discussion does lead to all angles of the person concerned and the gen next is far more exposed to every type of information but when it comes to these great personalities their positives overshadow the negatives and that's the way it should be. We have read some kind of negative about all great personalities be it Gandhi ji, Nehru, Netaji Bose or even Rabindranath Tagore for that matter. They are world famous figures and respected worldwide . By bringing forward the negative points (which is mostly done by media and we ,the believers, carry it forward) we somehow taint the image of our own leaders not only in front of the youngsters but also for the people from other countries.

As it was said in my earlier posts, discussions take multiple turns with every member's new opinion. There is nothing wrong in that. It's rather more beneficial to the forums as the members will have an opportunity to know different angles of the same subject. Accepting and honoring each member's opinion and point of view opens the flood gates to new information.

@Lopamudra I have not taken it as a personal attack but yes, I felt that highlighting something negative about a public figure is considered as a negative approach to the discussion. That's totally unfair. In my very fist or second comment on this thread I highlighted Gandhiji's practise of Brahmacharya cannot be considered as a simple way of living. Why should we blame the media for everything? We can find in biographies of Gandhiji about the method he used for practising Brahmacharya. It was a ridiculous practise. We talk about Gandhiji but, have we ever thought about those teenage girls what they went through? Do you think, our next generation will not come to know about it and won't like to discuss? They may directly question our opinion about these men and then we will have nothing to justify. We talk about celebrities' character irrespective of their contribution in their field so what's wrong in talking about these patriots? No body is denying their contribution to the motherland but for it we should seal our mouths even if they had some wrong practices. Sorry, I don't believe in flattery.

shampasaid

@ Shampa, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You believe there is no harm in highlighting negative points of a great leader, I believe we should ignore what is not important (in my opinion it is not important). .You may choose to discuss his practice of Bramhacharya while I wish more weightage is given to Dandi March , non-cooperation movement and the likes .. It's as simple as that. It is not flattery, it is what you choose to discuss. Like you, I'm entitled to my opinion !!

We have discussed various aspects about Mahatama Gandhi's food habits and also other aspects of his life. We may not agree to all his views but there is no doubt that he was great leader of our times. He is rightly calledFatherof Ntion.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Lopamudra

Well said sir. Irrespective of Mahatma Gandhi's personal principles or life style, one should see what service he has done to the Nation. He is rightly referred ad Father of the Nation.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Suitability is something connected with personal likes and choices. Since The life style and food Mahatma Gandhi ate suited him he has preferred simple food. Mahatma Gandhi stresses not only  on simplicity but also in setting an example himself by following his principles. Hence the lesson is, though not like Mahatma Gandhi one can stick to simplicity as much as possible within his means.

Mahatma Gandhi was fen of natural therapy. Diet therapy is essential part of natural therapy. It may be reason he like simple food and raw food. One should be eat one half their meal as raw food. 

All Mahatma Gandhi's beliefs and practices are as simple as Mahatma. They are not only simple but inexpensive too/

Yes I read some where that his got were fed apples.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.