The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This just came to my mind , apparently Sarojini Naidu once joked saying that it cost the nation a fortune to keep Gandhiji in poverty ! Gandhiji was no doubt a simple man with simple habits but now people seem to want to make a  saint out of him, who seems like a dull uninteresting person whereas I am sure there are many more interesting facets to his life rather than his diet and dress !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True. I read about Sarojini Naidu's comment. When Gandhiji was frequently running to Bhangi colonies, this comment was made. Of course later it was known that these Bhangi colonies were artificially created.

If I recall correctly Sarojini Naidu had said that Gandhiji travels in second or third class in rail but it costs government a fortune to take his care. But it is hte spirit he was showing with his fellow citizens that is important.

rambabu wrote:

Suitability is something connected with personal likes and choices. Since The life style and food Mahatma Gandhi ate suited him he has preferred simple food. Mahatma Gandhi stresses not only  on simplicity but also in setting an example himself by following his principles. Hence the lesson is, though not like Mahatma Gandhi one can stick to simplicity as much as possible within his means.

Mahatma Gandhi was fen of natural therapy. Diet therapy is essential part of natural therapy. It may be reason he like simple food and raw food. One should be eat one half their meal as raw food. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Suitability is something connected with personal likes and choices. Since The life style and food Mahatma Gandhi ate suited him he has preferred simple food. Mahatma Gandhi stresses not only  on simplicity but also in setting an example himself by following his principles. Hence the lesson is, though not like Mahatma Gandhi one can stick to simplicity as much as possible within his means.

Mahatma Gandhi was fen of natural therapy. Diet therapy is essential part of natural therapy. It may be reason he like simple food and raw food. One should be eat one half their meal as raw food. 

All Mahatma Gandhi's beliefs and practices are as simple as Mahatma. They are not only simple but inexpensive too/

usha manohar wrote:

This just came to my mind , apparently Sarojini Naidu once joked saying that it cost the nation a fortune to keep Gandhiji in poverty ! Gandhiji was no doubt a simple man with simple habits but now people seem to want to make a  saint out of him, who seems like a dull uninteresting person whereas I am sure there are many more interesting facets to his life rather than his diet and dress !

I believe that simplicity just meas that you remain usual self and do not do anything that invites othes' intention. Glamourous life style attracts peoples' intention and thus this is not simple. But if you een make a show of simplicity, you are not simple. To elicidate, Kejriwal andothers attempted to show their simplicty by travelling in metro rail and other gimmicks. This is not simplicity. simplicity means that you live in a manner others placed in your position would do. By this yardstick, Gandhi was not so simple. He ate simple food including goat milk. It is widely believed that the goat ate dry fruits so that the milk is very rich.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I believe that simplicity just meas that you remain usual self and do not do anything that invites othes' intention. Glamourous life style attracts peoples' intention and thus this is not simple. But if you een make a show of simplicity, you are not simple. To elicidate, Kejriwal andothers attempted to show their simplicty by travelling in metro rail and other gimmicks. This is not simplicity. simplicity means that you live in a manner others placed in your position would do. By this yardstick, Gandhi was not so simple. He ate simple food including goat milk. It is widely believed that the goat ate dry fruits so that the milk is very rich.  

Simplicity as a show is not simplicity. Those who practice simplicity as a way of life only for themselves , Not with an intention whether somebody is observing are  are real practitioners of Simplicity.

usha manohar wrote:

After all he was human and I am sure he did have some faults like any of us but he was also a visionary in his own way especially where women's issues were concerned ..In Paris he said, "I have no doubt that women can do infinitely more than men against war." He elaborated his argument to the women there. "Answer for yourselves what your great soldiers and generals would do, if their wives and daughters and mothers refused to countenance their participation in militarism in any shape or form."

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

All are prone to mistakes. Mahatma Gandhi is not an exception. Mahatma's simplicity is visible in every moment of life. Whatever he has done is done for his own self and never wanted to show to the world and declare that he should be emulated. If your ways and lifestyle and food habits look beneficial to others, naturally they will be followed.

usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

After all he was human and I am sure he did have some faults like any of us but he was also a visionary in his own way especially where women's issues were concerned ..In Paris he said, "I have no doubt that women can do infinitely more than men against war." He elaborated his argument to the women there. "Answer for yourselves what your great soldiers and generals would do, if their wives and daughters and mothers refused to countenance their participation in militarism in any shape or form." 

He no doubted respected dignityof women but he also held the view that a woman's proper place is home. He did not favor women sorkinh outside. Bread winning is man's job and housekeeping and upbringing children is women's.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.