Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The mindset has to be changed for the betterment of the society. If segregation is followed then curiosity regarding the opposite sex will never come to an end and the prevailing menace of the society will constantly make its presence felt. Co-Ed is a healthy option which should be opted from the Montessori level and that's how children will learn to love, care and respect people of the opposite sex.

yeah very well said the girls or the boys should know to respect his/her opposite gender and that's why the CO-ED becomes important for the students. 

bhuyali saroj

I myself did my schooling from co-ed school and firmly beleives that it gives a great platform to our children. Because there our children are treated equally there is no difference of sex among them. Also it removes the hessitation to talk to the student of other sex. Our children becomes more open and frank.

Bharti Gupta wrote:

I myself did my schooling from co-ed school and firmly beleives that it gives a great platform to our children. Because there our children are treated equally there is no difference of sex among them. Also it removes the hessitation to talk to the student of other sex. Our children becomes more open and frank.

Absolutely , more so in a tradition bound and closed society like ours where free mixing of girls and boys was and still is frowned upon in smaller towns and villages..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although I studied in girls only convent school, I never had any hesitation in talking to the young boys. Maybe because at home brothers were there and quite naturally their friends visited us so I did not develop any hesitation but it becomes very difficult for those who grow up around the females only. Thus, co-education system is a great option to remove hesitation. Even there are boys who too feel shy in communicating with the girls but can be easily get rid of by promoting the co-ed pattern.        

shampasaid

Yes. . I studied in an exclusively for Boys during my High School days. That is why, When I entered a college I used to  hesitate to talk with Girls , I Because  I am a bit shy by nature.

Co- Education is good, however if need arises one may give the experience of co - education during the first 5 classes & then shift to single sex school.

It is a parents discretion & the right decision needs to be taken. There are different types of schools, teachers & Prinicipals out there & hence decision varies from person to person with their own perspective. However Co Education is the best way to go forward during schooling as that gives people confidence & ability to express themselves on bigger platforms without much hiccups & can be better at workplace as well.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.