Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

In our culture sawan is associated with green color. Women buy green dresses and bangles to wear it in Sawan. I got some green bangles that I will wear on Monday after pooja of Lord Shiva. And on most of the days, I am wearing green dress especially on all Mondays.

Rajasthan is multi color state so people here use many colors. Every where is greenery in Swan month. Green color is also color of sawan month.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

In our culture sawan is associated with green color. Women buy green dresses and bangles to wear it in Sawan. I got some green bangles that I will wear on Monday after pooja of Lord Shiva. And on most of the days, I am wearing green dress especially on all Mondays.

Rajasthan is multi color state so people here use many colors. Every where is greenery in Swan month. Green color is also color of sawan month.

Ladt weekend we visited a small village on the Shiradi ghats , was raining heavily and the magical beauty of nature was mesmerizing. There were waterfalls everywhere , lush greenery and mist filled Meadows .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What you watch no doubt that was most beautiful. Here is my are is not tradition to go for picnic. We have some places but I never visit there. In Jaipur region people for picnic in rain season, they called Ghoth. Jaipur region have hills and some dams. Hills and dams cover with greenery in rain season. So these are right sites for picnic. 

The Mondays or Somvaar of Sawan are very auspicious and significant. Many observe fast on these Monday to please Lord Shiva and both male and femae do it. Though the number of female devotees is more. Many young girls and married women observe solah somvaar or 16 Mondays fasting starting from first monday of Sawan and ending in Karitk masa ( another auspicious month of Hindu calender). They do it for getting a good prospective groom or for the ling life and well being off their husband.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

The Mondays or Somvaar of Sawan are very auspicious and significant. Many observe fast on these Monday to please Lord Shiva and both male and femae do it. Though the number of female devotees is more. Many young girls and married women observe solah somvaar or 16 Mondays fasting starting from first monday of Sawan and ending in Karitk masa ( another auspicious month of Hindu calender). They do it for getting a good prospective groom or for the ling life and well being off their husband.

Whole Sawan month is significant for worship of Lord Shiva. Temples are crowded in these days. 9th August is day of Mahashivratri, so many people will on fast.

Sometime it can be confusing between Monsoon season and Shravan month but both these are different. 

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Whole Sawan month is significant for worship of Lord Shiva. Temples are crowded in these days. 9th August is day of Mahashivratri, so many people will on fast.

Yes it is the day of monthly Shivaratri and this one is quite auspicious as it falls in sawan.

arjun sai wrote:

Sometime it can be confusing between Monsoon season and Shravan month but both these are different. 

Yes, It rains in sawan and there are many Bollywood songs are about it like Rimjhim gire sawan and others. Monsoon stays for a long till October or end of September. Sawan is one of the Hindu months that falls in Monsoon. 

arjun sai wrote:

Yes Shravan month is of 30 days but monsoon season is of more than 100 days. Monsoon is on its peak in Sarvan month.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.