Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Mantra Yoga has its origin in Vedic Sciences and also in Tantra, infact all the Mantra Chanting has soothing effect on Nervous System, helps relax the muscles, Mantra impacts on mental & psychological plane in a positive way

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
I also heard mantra's like gayathri mantra should be spelled twice a day and also many saints used to say ganapathi omam or something and if we inhale that all our misfortunes will be vanished and something like that.

http://myblogdeivigan.blogspot.com/
http://placementandinformations.blogspot.com/
Well each of us has belief as well as unbelief on the postive effects of Vedic chants..but in real I think they do have effects like music therapy (which i heard cures some patients)
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote][quote]But Kalyani, with all the respect to vedas and yagnas etc. we have not seen all these things in our age. If there were hundreds of thosands of examples in the past , why are there no examples today? even Tansen example that you cited has not been proved till date. I think there have been great music maestros even after him but no body has been able to do so.Why? [/quote]

Rajesh, I understand your point of view, but given the circumstances of the decline of our ancient yet, complete traditions, civilization, whatever one may choose to call it, all I can say is the reason for it would be that pure sciences, be that of any discipline, music, architecture, ayurveda so on and so forth, have not remained pure or exact! In over two hundred years of slavery and the turmoil that preceded it, we have only declined in glory and knowledge! Subsequent casteism, blind faith in religious rites, the habit that we grew into of apeing west and adopting them is more or less the reason for it![/quote]
Kalyani, i read your reply and pondered over it for a while but my logic is still not allowing me to believe.You mentioned music.Even far later we produced great music GHARANAs in Kashi and Awadh and today also we have great music maestros.You mentioned Ayurveda,today it is in the process of regaining its lost glory.Architecture-We built one of the seven wonders of the world which we can see with our own eyes even today.Agreed we have aped west,but we cant afford to be chauvinists while praising our culture and civilisation.We must not be blind while praising ourselves.I feel proud when we say we have taught YOGA to the world,it is being followed all over the world cutting through castes creeds and religions.It has proved its worth and nobody can question its usefulness to health. But acoustic vibrations causing rain drops to fall! I am still unable to take it.
Gulshan wrote:[quote]Vedas or anything else, the chanting is only of words.all words in any language contain nothing but alphabets: consonants and vowels. These make sense only when you understand the language or meaning of the words. These are primarily for communication of ideas. The poems and songs may delight by funny meaning, satire and reasoning. Also reciting in a particular way is pleasure to ears. This is musical affect.

The clouds are not animate and hence, it is unlikely that any musical affect can make them drop water. The process of evaporation of water from sea, forming clouds and rain dropping is water cycle known to students of physics. There is no role of any mantras in this. [/quote]

Rajesh wrote:
[quote]Kalyani, i read your reply and pondered over it for a while but my logic is still not allowing me to believe.You mentioned music.Even far later we produced great music GHARANAs in Kashi and Awadh and today also we have great music maestros.You mentioned Ayurveda,today it is in the process of regaining its lost glory.Architecture-We built one of the seven wonders of the world which we can see with our own eyes even today.Agreed we have aped west,but we cant afford to be chauvinists while praising our culture and civilisation.We must not be blind while praising ourselves.I feel proud when we say we have taught YOGA to the world,it is being followed all over the world cutting through castes creeds and religions.It has proved its worth and nobody can question its usefulness to health. But acoustic vibrations causing rain drops to fall! I am still unable to take it.[/quote]

To answer your scepticism Gulshan, yu do agree that it is the vibrations that matter. These hymns or vedic chants when pronounced naturally do not make any difference. But if you remember, in some other thread some time back, on a similar topic, I had said that there is a distinct way of pronouncing these hymns, how each syllable is pronounced, which syllable needs to be enhanced or softened etc. these are called aghatas and they produce specific vibrations which do help in bringing the particles of the air, mainly oxygen and hydrogen together to form water droplets.

To answer your question Rajesh, why do you find it hard to believe that these yagnas can bring rain? You surely must have heard about the chemically-induced rains that are occasionally produced in Russia and USA?

To come to our Indian practice of performing yagnas, you do know that these yagnas involve incessant burning of specific kinds of woods with huge amounts of ghee and other ingredients being offered into it. Along with the chants pronounced by hundreds of priests, the yagnas produces situation with similar effects that are created to chemically induce the rains. Only difference being that we use mainly natural ingredients rather than chemical.s

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is no verfiable proof of chanting Vedic mantras producing rains! While it is scentifically established that utterance of any sound do produce sonic waves but endowing Vedic mantras with magical properties like this would be utterly unscientific!
I am not surprised as I too feel that the chants have got some effect on the environment and on human mind also . Thanks for informing about this village on kerela.
I think what kalyani explained is believable as some wood and natural ingrediates have special properties..but the only problem here is that scientific proof is not there and most of us beleive in scientific facts though sometime they may sound silly...
To my mind knowledge can not be compartmentalized as Oriental and Occidental! What our ancient scriptures and literature recorded is existence of scientific temper which modern science has been endeavoring to develop further.And this scientific temper has no room for acceptance of unverified facts!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.