Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I hadn't seen any one of these films including Malayalam.But I remember "Vaisali" which released in my pre-degree days.The songs of that film "Indra neelimayOlam..." was one of my favourite.

I was in 4th or 5th when Vaisali released.
All songs sung by Chitra are ever green. One of them won her National Award for best singer.
I love songs of Nakhashathangal too......Manjal Prasadam won her a National Award.

Meera sandhu
I think every music lover is going to miss him. There wont be many to fill the void left by him.
Some people dont get the recognition they deserve. But ravi was not one of them, everybody above 30 must have heard of him!
This is sad news. Bombay Ravi will always remian alive through his songs and work in film industry. He was a great person.
Some people dont get the recognition they deserve. But ravi was not one of them, everybody above 30 must have heard of him!

Yes Ankit, you are absolutely correct.
Also many talented artists who always stay behind the curtains have bring forward many good actors, singers etc....but they don't get actual credits.
Mahendra Kapoor became famous through the song, 'Neele gagan ke thale' of Humraaz. Full credits go to its music director Ravi. Also, the song, 'Tujhko pukare mera pyar' of Neel Kamal- Another Ravi-Mahendra Kapoor combination.

Truly, 1960's is the golden era of musical Bollywood and he was one among those prominent directors of that decade.

Meera sandhu
Ravi was one of the greatest music directors in our film industry. He composed innumerable unforgettable songs. He was as famous as Shankar-Jai kishan, Kalyan ji andnd ji, Pyare Lal etc. Always produced sober and family songs.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Ravi Shankar Sharma - the fall of another star from the musical sky of India. A great music composer who would live in the hearts of music lovers for ever! His talent was spotted by no other than musical great Hemant Kumar - Hemanta Mukherjee to us!
But he couldn't won a filmfare award like Madan Mohan :(

If we take Malayalam music from 1985-1995...can be termed as the golden and nostalgic era of Malayalam music......he gave music to only 10 or 15 films. But most of them are marked as milestones of our music....till now, everyone loves them.
If we take top 3 music directors of these 10 years...surely, he will be just behind Ravindran......

Meera sandhu
It is something which can't be rationally explained. Some of our greats never receive the kind of recognition which they so truly deserve.One thing is sure that they live in the minds of their admirers not for these awards but their immortal work!
It is something which can't be rationally explained. Some of our greats never receive the kind of recognition which they so truly deserve.One thing is sure that they live in the minds of their admirers not for these awards but their immortal work!

Awards are given by normal people. Can normal people assess great personalities? Never.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.