Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I would never suggest Panchayats to interfere in such matters because they shall make the things worse only. They have no idea about modern day's affair and end up invariably against the women. No way.

"I think he has not read the full post properly. Please do so Sasikanth before replying further!"

Yes kalyani, he has not read the discussion or the post.. :lol:

Sunil, I too have been reading the kind of mess the Panchayats have made in some cases.They have to please the village sentiments and also the headman ...as you say would definitely be biased in their views !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I would never suggest Panchayats to interfere in such matters because they shall make the things worse only. They have no idea about modern day's affair and end up invariably against the women. No way.

"I think he has not read the full post properly. Please do so Sasikanth before replying further!"

Yes kalyani, he has not read the discussion or the post.. :lol:

Sunil, I too have been reading the kind of mess the Panchayats have made in some cases.They have to please the village sentiments and also the headman ...as you say would definitely be biased in their views !

There are two types of panchayats. There are elected local bodies, which are real panchayats. Thes can be vested with some authority to solve the issue. They could also be given authority to impose fine not exceeding Rs. 5,000/- or jail term not exceeding six months. This should be subject to review by District Court.

There are also caste or Khap panchayats. These must not be encouraged. When they indulge in excesses like killing some body or boycotting for life, strict action should be taken against the members of such panchayats.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.