Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although, mob action is not justified, this also reflects peoples' strong determination for maintaining decorum and propriety in social relations like marriage. The fear of social reaction like mob action prevents social anarchy.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Although, mob action is not justified, this also reflects peoples' strong determination for maintaining decorum and propriety in social relations like marriage. The fear of social reaction like mob action prevents social anarchy.

True, but this is not the way to maintain any kind of decorum. Such actions in fact pass a wrong message to others, that they can punish the women in any manner they so wish and they can get away with it, all under the guise of trying maintain propriety of marriage institutions! Such incidents will only lead to increase in violence against women.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, but this is not the way to maintain any kind of decorum. Such actions in fact pass a wrong message to others, that they can punish the women in any manner they so wish and they can get away with it, all under the guise of trying maintain propriety of marriage institutions! Such incidents will only lead to increase in violence against women.

This is not a case of violence against women. In fact, woman's husband was also beaten up. However, I agree that people should not take law in their own hands. But when law makers indulge in immoral activities, people cannot be expected to observe restraint.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is not a case of violence against women. In fact, woman's husband was also beaten up. However, I agree that people should not take law in their own hands. But when law makers indulge in immoral activities, people cannot be expected to observe restraint.

I agree Gulshan, that the couple is not innocent and they were indeed wrong. But by behaving in this manner, aren't we going back to dark ages when such offense was punishable in public, this incident is only a step short of public lynching and stoning men and women conducting adultery, which is still practiced in some Muslim countries!

In India, we have a system of a Panchayat in every village, where such matters could be resolved. Now, there are laws against them, so why gather a mob and beat them like beasts??

I would never suggest Panchayats to interfere in such matters because they shall make the things worse only. They have no idea about modern day's affair and end up invariably against the women. No way.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I would never suggest Panchayats to interfere in such matters because they shall make the things worse only. They have no idea about modern day's affair and end up invariably against the women. No way.

No Sunil, I did not imply that they should intervene in such matters, but only that if those people really felt it was wrong then they should have asked people with legal authorities to question the couple and not take the law in their own hands. The purpose and function of panchayats was exactly this, to question and review the cases of so-called public wrongs, n order to avoid people taking law in their own hands in such violent manner.

I agree Gulshan, that the couple is not innocent and they were indeed wrong. But by behaving in this manner, aren't we going back to dark ages when such offense was punishable in public, this incident is only a step short of public lynching and stoning men and women conducting adultery, which is still practiced in some Muslim countries!

In India, we have a system of a Panchayat in every village, where such matters could be resolved. Now, there are laws against them, so why gather a mob and beat them like beasts??

I too feel that people have should not resort to any kind of indiscipline.When you have issues, you should either get help from the police or law if you feel so strongly about things ! No one leads a perfect life and when mistakes are made , at some stage realisation also dawns on the individual concerned.Another thing is , one should be able to differenciate between what is harmful to the society and what is not.Without publicity, this affair would have drawn no attention at all..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
This is not a good thing what he had done. She had taken a correct decision by beating him. As this could be a lesson to other people.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

This is not a good thing what he had done. She had taken a correct decision by beating him. As this could be a lesson to other people.

Siddu, which incident are you talking about? may be another similar one which you got confused with this...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Siddu, which incident are you talking about? may be another similar one which you got confused with this...

I think he has not read the full post properly. Please do so Sasikanth before replying further!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.