Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@ Kalyani ...I really wonder how the Catholic church heads in Ireland are keeping silent on this issue, after all it is their stout devotion in catholic principles that has taken the life of a young woman, her death can in no way be compensated for, that is a harsh fact. But the least that can now be done is severely punish those who are responsible for it, it can bring some kind of closure to her family at least. Also, where medical treatment is concerned, in countries like Ireland, there should be strict rules and laws made where religion is not allowed to interfere with the medical protocol! Where abortion is necessary to save a woman's life, it should be carried out without any fear, Church cannot dictate what goes on in the hospitals!

It's like learning a very hard and cruel way! I am sure the authorities in Ireland would have a lot of soul-searching to do in this dark episode. In moral terms it very much bears an uncanny resemblance to Taliban ways!

I too wonder what the church has to say about the whole episode, I guess keep mum like it always happens ! when someone is in the knowhow of their guilt they prefer to look the other way...I too feel that there is talibanisation in every religion at some stage or the other..

What is truly horrendous is its timing. Such a spine-chilling incident took place when the West has been going hammer and tongs over Islamist fundamentalism!
@ Kalyani ...I really wonder how the Catholic church heads in Ireland are keeping silent on this issue, after all it is their stout devotion in catholic principles that has taken the life of a young woman, her death can in no way be compensated for, that is a harsh fact. But the least that can now be done is severely punish those who are responsible for it, it can bring some kind of closure to her family at least. Also, where medical treatment is concerned, in countries like Ireland, there should be strict rules and laws made where religion is not allowed to interfere with the medical protocol! Where abortion is necessary to save a woman's life, it should be carried out without any fear, Church cannot dictate what goes on in the hospitals!

It's like learning a very hard and cruel way! I am sure the authorities in Ireland would have a lot of soul-searching to do in this dark episode. In moral terms it very much bears an uncanny resemblance to Taliban ways!

I too wonder what the church has to say about the whole episode, I guess keep mum like it always happens ! when someone is in the knowhow of their guilt they prefer to look the other way...I too feel that there is talibanisation in every religion at some stage or the other..

What is truly horrendous is its timing. Such a spine-chilling incident took place when the West has been going hammer and tongs over Islamist fundamentalism!

They cannot comment because in most western countries and in the USA there is a sizeable Catholic population that is economically and politically powerful,so they would prefer not to rub them the wrong way..If it was a westerner probably the reaction might have been different..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

To add on some more latest developments about this case...Apparently 3 doctors who were also involved in the tragedy by refusing to consent to the abortion have been dropped from the investigation team after Savithas huusband requested the authorities to do so...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Ireland-drops-three-doctors-from-Savitas-death-probe-team/articleshow/17305293.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Don't blame the religion. Its the in betweeners and self- styled high priests of religion to be blamed.

Don't blame the religion. Its the in betweeners and self- styled high priests of religion to be blamed.

Of course religion is man made and also manipulated by a few leaders who may or may not be always right...and it is from the others who think they are the leaders and have to control everything around them , that the real harm comes...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.