Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When I was going through this piece in my morning paper, I literally shivered in utter disgust ! Is Ireland a civilized a nation? - that is the relevant question!
When I was going through this piece in my morning paper, I literally shivered in utter disgust ! Is Ireland a civilized a nation? - that is the relevant question!

I agree, it is the height of cruelty and insensitivity...Just imagine such a thing happening in a country like that, it is almost like the medieval times , barbaric !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Since Ireland is a Catholic country abortion was denied to a lady Savitha Haladappanavar who hails from Belgaum, Karnataka who suffered from blood poisoning while she was pregnant although doctors suggested it....Her condition worsened and she succumbed.
Is religion above life ?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/indian-woman-dies-after-being-refused-abortion/article4097428.ece

I do not think any religion in the world is above life. Religions are the powerful tools which streamline us towards honest and noble life.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Since Ireland is a Catholic country abortion was denied to a lady Savitha Haladappanavar who hails from Belgaum, Karnataka who suffered from blood poisoning while she was pregnant although doctors suggested it....Her condition worsened and she succumbed.
Is religion above life ?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/indian-woman-dies-after-being-refused-abortion/article4097428.ece

I do not think any religion in the world is above life. Religions are the powerful tools which streamline us towards honest and noble life.

Religions never encourage or said to kill innocent peoples. It always helps the people to be in peace and it teaches to live a peaceful life. Its purely a cold blooded murder.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Is religion above life ?

Religions never encourage or said to kill innocent peoples. It always helps the people to be in peace and it teaches to live a peaceful life. Its purely a cold blooded murder.

All Religions teach peace ! Religions are man made institutions and the main purpose of their being there is to regulate human behavior, whereas man has interpreted it the way he/she wants it and while doing that people dont realise that they are going against everything they hold sacred through their religion!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Is religion above life ?

All Religions teach peace ! Religions are man made institutions and the main purpose of their being there is to regulate human behavior, whereas man has interpreted it the way he/she wants it and while doing that people dont realise that they are going against everything they hold sacred through their religion!

Religion has been interpreted and twisted a number of times to suit the needs and selfish gains of only a handful few, those few who lead any sect or community of all religions in the world and the common people who do not have access to the actual scriptures and are able to understand the meaning simply follow what their leaders dictate! In this instance, it is a very unfortunate and sad to read that the poor woman had to pay with her life just because the church is against the abortion. I personally feel that it is no longer just a religious case but a criminal case for compromising a woman's life in such manner!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Is religion above life ?

Religion has been interpreted and twisted a number of times to suit the needs and selfish gains of only a handful few, those few who lead any sect or community of all religions in the world and the common people who do not have access to the actual scriptures and are able to understand the meaning simply follow what their leaders dictate! In this instance, it is a very unfortunate and sad to read that the poor woman had to pay with her life just because the church is against the abortion. I personally feel that it is no longer just a religious case but a criminal case for compromising a woman's life in such manner!

Yes kalyani, It is nothing but murder in the name of religion and thankfully many countries are showing their disgust and sshock vocally at what has happened, but a precious life of a young woman is lost and how do they compensate for that? Nad no one can be held individually responsible either, that is the sad part...

Is religion above life ?

Yes kalyani, It is nothing but murder in the name of religion and thankfully many countries are showing their disgust and sshock vocally at what has happened, but a precious life of a young woman is lost and how do they compensate for that? Nad no one can be held individually responsible either, that is the sad part...

I really wonder how the Catholic church heads in Ireland are keeping silent on this issue, after all it is their stout devotion in catholic principles that has taken the life of a young woman, her death can in no way be compensated for, that is a harsh fact. But the least that can now be done is severely punish those who are responsible for it, it can bring some kind of closure to her family at least. Also, where medical treatment is concerned, in countries like Ireland, there should be strict rules and laws made where religion is not allowed to interfere with the medical protocol! Where abortion is necessary to save a woman's life, it should be carried out without any fear, Church cannot dictate what goes on in the hospitals!

Recently Irish Government has decided to change the rules of abortion. Hopefully in the future no woman would die so painfully.
Recently Irish Government has decided to change the rules of abortion. Hopefully in the future no woman would die so painfully.

It is positive news but still unfortunate and sad that it is coming at the cost of promising young life!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.