Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's like learning a very hard and cruel way! I am sure the authorities in Ireland would have a lot of soul-searching to do in this dark episode. In moral terms it very much bears an uncanny resemblance to Taliban ways!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
@ Kalyani ...I really wonder how the Catholic church heads in Ireland are keeping silent on this issue, after all it is their stout devotion in catholic principles that has taken the life of a young woman, her death can in no way be compensated for, that is a harsh fact. But the least that can now be done is severely punish those who are responsible for it, it can bring some kind of closure to her family at least. Also, where medical treatment is concerned, in countries like Ireland, there should be strict rules and laws made where religion is not allowed to interfere with the medical protocol! Where abortion is necessary to save a woman's life, it should be carried out without any fear, Church cannot dictate what goes on in the hospitals!

It's like learning a very hard and cruel way! I am sure the authorities in Ireland would have a lot of soul-searching to do in this dark episode. In moral terms it very much bears an uncanny resemblance to Taliban ways!

I too wonder what the church has to say about the whole episode, I guess keep mum like it always happens ! when someone is in the knowhow of their guilt they prefer to look the other way...I too feel that there is talibanisation in every religion at some stage or the other..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Since Ireland is a Catholic country abortion was denied to a lady Savitha Haladappanavar who hails from Belgaum, Karnataka who suffered from blood poisoning while she was pregnant although doctors suggested it....Her condition worsened and she succumbed.
Is religion above life ?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/indian-woman-dies-after-being-refused-abortion/article4097428.ece

I do not think any religion in the world is above life. Religions are the powerful tools which streamline us towards honest and noble life.

Religions never encourage or said to kill innocent peoples. It always helps the people to be in peace and it teaches to live a peaceful life. Its purely a cold blooded murder.

They don't do it directly, but their followers do it, either way it is their fault. That's why religion is called the opium of the masses ,people simply lose their sense of justice and get swayed so very easily...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Since Ireland is a Catholic country abortion was denied to a lady Savitha Haladappanavar who hails from Belgaum, Karnataka who suffered from blood poisoning while she was pregnant although doctors suggested it....Her condition worsened and she succumbed.
Is religion above life ?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/indian-woman-dies-after-being-refused-abortion/article4097428.ece

I do not think any religion in the world is above life. Religions are the powerful tools which streamline us towards honest and noble life.

Religions never encourage or said to kill innocent peoples. It always helps the people to be in peace and it teaches to live a peaceful life. Its purely a cold blooded murder.

They don't do it directly, but their followers do it, either way it is their fault. That's why religion is called the opium of the masses ,people simply lose their sense of justice and get swayed so very easily...

The followers are just a robot to them. The remote is with the people who wanted to gain through this religion. We have to identify those people who use the religion to earn.
This is really not a religion as no religion is bigger than anyone's life. :evil: She would have been saved had she not been denied abortion. Hope people would have learned from the incident. :blink:
The rules of the country has kills a women. This is really in human to them. they would have considered her as an Indian and would have felt that those rules are not applicable to her and done abortion to her and she would be alive now.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The rules of the country has kills a women. This is really in human to them. they would have considered her as an Indian and would have felt that those rules are not applicable to her and done abortion to her and she would be alive now.

No Sarala if you are living in some Muslim country then you have to follow their rules may be not 100% but 75% rules you will have to follow. and this happens in every country. :blink:
Is religion above life ?

As I wrote earlier masses don't feel that way when they are being led by their religious leaders who use a divide and rule policy to keep their followers on feet all the time. People only see what they are meant to see, thats why it is very important to have independant thinking rather than let others think and speak for us...

No Sarala if you are living in some Muslim country then you have to follow their rules may be not 100% but 75% rules you will have to follow. and this happens in every country. :blink:

Following disciplinary rules are something else, esp when it deals with every day life,crime etc...here it was something else and she was only having a baby having been married legally, and when her life was in danger, I dont see how religion can stand in the way, what is the use of such a religion and its followers who cause more harm than help humanity.

Really this is ridiculous things and I don't think in any religion it have mentioned that let the human being die It is humanity comes first then the religion. Now controversy have begin in this regards.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.