Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As I expressed earlier that this budget lacks in substance, my initial study does reinforce this opinion. Like all his predecessors he exhibited total helplessness in taking note of the existence of black money of a massive size which has been threatening to nullify whatever every government proposes to do. While the record of this government in taming inflation for the last couple years has been terrible, the FM is not honest enough to grant relief to the much harried salaried class by raising the basic exemption limit. His decision to tax the super rich is laughable to say the least!!! His hopes on growth of GDP and widening revenue base are all predicated upon wishful thinking of a good monsoon, fiscal consolidation which is more preached than practiced singularly lack in conviction. He has practically nothing to revive industrial growth. Our export growth has suffered body blows in view of the unrelenting recessionary pressures in the world. He talked about keeping current account deficit below 5% just to avert an adverse global credit rating which is very much a possibility with unpredictable consequences on a depreciation rupee and more dangerous fall-out on our import bills for oil. This my brief views on PC's this year's budget.

Thanks for giving an insight to this budget! What I am finding really stupid (pardon the use of this word) is that the individuals who ear between 5 lakh to 1 crore are not made liable to pay any extra taxes! :blink: I mean there is a big difference in the amount of 4 lakhs and 10 lakhs and 1 crore etc.. So why should there liabilities be the same??? Ca you give any insight to this particular issue?

@Kalyani

That's why I described his move in taxing the super rich as laughable. It does show his level of seriousness in this regard. His budget is a document of his utter incapability to face the real issues in their true colors!! Even if he is intellectually capable, his selfish designs prevent him from taking a conscientious stance on this issue!

Excellent analysis ! I feel that Chidambaram has never been effective anywhere in politics...but suits the congress party and Sonia Gandhi very well since he has no individuality( on the other hand if he had that he wouldn't be there in the first place ) ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, chinmoymukherjee
Now the budget is presented. Here is pictorial presentation of some aspects. The F.M. has proposed a Bank only for women among other things.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/check-your-tax-slabs-and-i-t-exemption-limits-slideshow/

A scheme for amnesty in service tax is also being introduced.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/scheme-to-promote-voluntary-compliance-with-service-tax/article4464787.ece

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
As I expressed earlier that this budget lacks in substance, my initial study does reinforce this opinion. Like all his predecessors he exhibited total helplessness in taking note of the existence of black money of a massive size which has been threatening to nullify whatever every government proposes to do. While the record of this government in taming inflation for the last couple years has been terrible, the FM is not honest enough to grant relief to the much harried salaried class by raising the basic exemption limit. His decision to tax the super rich is laughable to say the least!!! His hopes on growth of GDP and widening revenue base are all predicated upon wishful thinking of a good monsoon, fiscal consolidation which is more preached than practiced singularly lack in conviction. He has practically nothing to revive industrial growth. Our export growth has suffered body blows in view of the unrelenting recessionary pressures in the world. He talked about keeping current account deficit below 5% just to avert an adverse global credit rating which is very much a possibility with unpredictable consequences on a depreciation rupee and more dangerous fall-out on our import bills for oil. This my brief views on PC's this year's budget.

Thanks for giving an insight to this budget! What I am finding really stupid (pardon the use of this word) is that the individuals who ear between 5 lakh to 1 crore are not made liable to pay any extra taxes! :blink: I mean there is a big difference in the amount of 4 lakhs and 10 lakhs and 1 crore etc.. So why should there liabilities be the same??? Ca you give any insight to this particular issue?

@Kalyani

That's why I described his move in taxing the super rich as laughable. It does show his level of seriousness in this regard. His budget is a document of his utter incapability to face the real issues in their true colors!! Even if he is intellectually capable, his selfish designs prevent him from taking a conscientious stance on this issue!

Well, that exactly sums it up well! I am not very keen about financial issues nor have a lot of understanding about it, but it is very much clear to me that the most pressing and critical issues such as the agricultural sector, water conservation, relief to drought prone areas and even the precious livestock in the India have not been given a fair deal, rather not a deal at all! :blink: That is very irksome! It is completely a case of trying to throw dust in the eyes of common people, as always!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

Everyone understands or made to understand economic issues in his or her own way. What is unmistakably clear is that the incumbent FM has done nothing to break away from the past mould. The task of involving and engaging the energies of more than one billion people first demands a modicum of honesty that has been completely missing in budgetary exercises of the last few decades. I know my language is a torture for some, yet I hope you understand what I mean!! :P :P :P
@Kalyani

Everyone understands or made to understand economic issues in his or her own way. What is unmistakably clear is that the incumbent FM has done nothing to break away from the past mould. The task of involving and engaging the energies of more than one billion people first demands a modicum of honesty that has been completely missing in budgetary exercises of the last few decades. I know my language is a torture for some, yet I hope you understand what I mean!! :P :P :P

Of course I understand your language perfectly well!!! :P ;)

And after all these years, honesty is something that we should stop expecting from our politicians who lack their own spine! :woohoo:

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
@Kalyani

And after all these years, honesty is something that we should stop expecting from our politicians who lack their own spine! :woohoo:

when I was going through the finance bill I was struck by the lyrical prose of the FM in expressions of his intentions but felt terribly let down when I had a good look at the provisions of the budget. He didn't walk the talk!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
@Kalyani

when I was going through the finance bill I was struck by the lyrical prose of the FM in expressions of his intentions but felt terribly let down when I had a good look at the provisions of the budget. He didn't walk the talk!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

But then the congress party or any political party is not notorious for walking the talk!!! Walking the talk has become rather out of fashion in the last few decades! :woohoo:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.