Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is their choice they are not busy in their personal lives but sachin is playing for country how he can attend that one by leaving game.

Active celebrities should not be nominated. Moreover, what if they do not attend the sessions?

He is playing both for the country and for himself, it is his career and he is making pots of money through his game, thats alright, but taking on responsibilities is quite another thing...

I think the very basic thing should be first taken into consideration - these people are really busy and that is why it is not possible for them to be present at the Parliament. They should either be not nominated or we should not make an issue out of it.

I disagree with you here! The member of parliaments are there for a reason the chief one being to represent the issues and concerns of masses. While it is true that these two or other celebrities for that matter were not elected but nominated by the bigwigs of politics, their basic responsibilities that come upon their shoulders do not change due to their status or profession. Hence they cannot shirk from their responsibilities, which again brings us to the very basic question, if they were not ready to handle it, they should have denied the role, no one had forced them to do so! This basic thing is what is nearly always forgiven and that has what has landed everything into a state of chaos on parliament!

If they are there to represent the people and they are failing in it, it is time to think over the same. Then should they really be in the PH? The government should consider this.
It is their choice they are not busy in their personal lives but sachin is playing for country how he can attend that one by leaving game.

Active celebrities should not be nominated. Moreover, what if they do not attend the sessions?

He is playing both for the country and for himself, it is his career and he is making pots of money through his game, thats alright, but taking on responsibilities is quite another thing...

I think the very basic thing should be first taken into consideration - these people are really busy and that is why it is not possible for them to be present at the Parliament. They should either be not nominated or we should not make an issue out of it.

I disagree with you here! The member of parliaments are there for a reason the chief one being to represent the issues and concerns of masses. While it is true that these two or other celebrities for that matter were not elected but nominated by the bigwigs of politics, their basic responsibilities that come upon their shoulders do not change due to their status or profession. Hence they cannot shirk from their responsibilities, which again brings us to the very basic question, if they were not ready to handle it, they should have denied the role, no one had forced them to do so! This basic thing is what is nearly always forgiven and that has what has landed everything into a state of chaos on parliament!

If they are there to represent the people and they are failing in it, it is time to think over the same. Then should they really be in the PH? The government should consider this.

Exactly!!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal

Such nominations are made to address problems faced in those particular sectors as Sachin for sports and Rekha for films. If they won't attend sessions, how can they expect to put them in front of house to consider the problems.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Such nominations are made to address problems faced in those particular sectors as Sachin for sports and Rekha for films. If they won't attend sessions, how can they expect to put them in front of house to consider the problems.

Presently, such nomination is made by government. I think that nomination should be on advice of Film/ sports body whom the nominated MP represents. Then the nominated MP would be responsible for their performance in parliament to such bodies that recommend them.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Presently, such nomination is made by government. I think that nomination should be on advice of Film/ sports body whom the nominated MP represents. Then the nominated MP would be responsible for their performance in parliament to such bodies that recommend them.

Even if a nomination comes from the government, the best thing that can be done by the candidate concerned is to deny, if he feels that he is too busy. I remember,earlier they used to nominate inactive celebrities.

Even if a nomination comes from the government, the best thing that can be done by the candidate concerned is to deny, if he feels that he is too busy. I remember,earlier they used to nominate inactive celebrities.

Yes that's the best they can do. If someone feels that he may not be an active member then he should deny the proposal. Its nothing bad in it.

Yes that's the best they can do. If someone feels that he may not be an active member then he should deny the proposal. Its nothing bad in it.

Rajya sabha nominations are more of a joke than anything else since nothing much is achieved there , all the major decision making is done in the lok sabha and the members of Rajya sabha are expected to toe the line ...So, one wonders if there is no point in having these two houses why not scrap the rajya sabha or merge it with lok sabha and save some revenue !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So the onus falls back on the members who take it as decoration instead of an opportunity to serve their community.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So the onus falls back on the members who take it as decoration instead of an opportunity to serve their community.

Yes, members are matured enough and stalwarts in their fields. They know what's responsibility. And more about their own responsibility once they are nominated .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.